2 people are interested
Films for the Forest Social Media Coordinator
2 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, Ecuador, and Mexico. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with rainforest communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Films for the Forest is an annual international short film competition created by Rainforest Partnership. We are looking for a volunteer who has proven experience in content creation and video editing and are interested in contributing their skills, expertise and passion to the wonderful cause of protecting rainforests and adding to the growth of an international organization.
The ideal candidate will share in Rainforest Partnership’s core values, which include:
- Entrepreneurship: resourceful, innovative, and action oriented
- Efficiency: organized and process/procedure driven
- Empathy: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authenticity: genuine and self-aware
- Positivity: focused on moving Rainforest Partnership toward desired results
- Design and facilitate external communication campaign strategies (social, email, blogs)
- Monitor and filter inbound communications
- Work closely with F3 Coordinators, Content Creator & Communications Manager to schedule and build campaigns
- Research market trends, target demographics, current storytelling practices
- Develop and implement new ideas to leverage social media trends
- Able to compose compelling visual narratives and stories under time constraint
- Portfolio of previous work strongly preferred
- Previous experience creating social media calendar and using scheduling software such as Sprout or HootSuite
- Previous experience analyzing analytics within social media platforms and using outside tools like Bit.ly, LinkTree, Batch 24, Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of the english language (grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, portfolio, and links to any social media pages previously owned or responsible for to email@example.com with the subject line: F3 Social Media Coordinator Volunteer
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 1, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Around 5-10 hours a week.
- Please include a response to the following questions upon applying: 1. Do you have video editing experience? 2. Have you created content for a business before? 3. Do you have a website or portfolio of work?