1 person is interested
[Daily City] Help deliver groceries to seniors
1 person is interested
Join Helping Hands Community and Second Harvest, a nonprofit that provides hunger relief to extremely low-income families and individuals in Daly City, every Tuesday morning to deliver much needed food and grocery items to homebound seniors in the area during COVID-19. Due to their higher risk for COVID-19 infection, seniors are unable to pick up these essential items and need our help.
To sign up for the event, you must:
- Create an account on the Helping Hands Community website - www.helpinghands.community. Sign up is free and you'll be required to complete a brief background check. You will only receive your delivery list through your account so it's important that you create one before the event.
- Once you complete the background check, navigate to the "Help Someone" tab and "All help requests". This will let you view community and individual requests within your area that you can help with!
- Select "I can help" for the Second Harvest Community Delivery event.
- Volunteers will receive an email with information on what to expect, how and when to pick up the food pantry boxes, how you'll receive your delivery list (includes recipient's name, address, and phone number), and a cool link to your driving route!)
Community Delivery allows Helping Hands to support local organizations by enabling volunteers to deliver donated groceries to homebound community members that are at high-risk for COVID-19.
Deliveries are located within 5 miles of Second Harvest location, and we'll provide a link when you check in with a suggested driving route on Google Maps. Sign up for more information!
Thank you for helping your community members during these challenging times!
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10:45 AM to 11:30 AM
Ongoing every Tuesday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Helping Hands Community
Greater Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90003, US
Helping Hands is a non-profit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We connect people who are most at-risk with those who can safely deliver critical items and provide various forms of assistance. Our community volunteers deliver groceries, medicine, and other necessary supplies to empower everyone to stay healthy and be as responsible as they can be.
Helping Hands Community is a non-profit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We connect people who must shelter in place with those who can safely deliver critical items (like food, medicine, or household goods) and provide various forms of assistance (like dog-walking, mail pick-ups, or conversations). By facilitating these connections, we can help protect neighbors from contracting severe illness, and each other from an overwhelmed healthcare system.
Founded by a diverse group of volunteers - including both veterans of Uber, Facebook, and Google and students beginning their careers - Helping Hands is built and operated by a team of over 100 volunteers around the world with backgrounds in engineering, design, operations, marketing, and policy. We have experience building solutions for scale, and we're using that knowledge to help communities shelter in place while still getting what they need to remain comfortable.
The current health crisis is unprecedented. We must continue to protect our families, our loved ones, and our fellow community members. We are all in this together, and together, there is a lot of good we can do.
111 Lake Merced BoulevardDaly City, CA 94015
September 15, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Food pantry pick up must occur between 10:45 - 11:30 am on Fridays. Delivery time can take on average 1-1.5 hrs.
- Volunteers must have a car and enough space to hold 5-10 grocery bags and boxes of donated food. Bags and boxes are about the size of regular paper bags from the market and average around 20 lbs. *Masks required*