6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Arthritis Foundation - Louisiana
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Be Part of the Arthritis Movement!
POSITION TITLE: Communications Chair on the Louisiana Leadership Board
STAFF PARTNER: Executive Director
Local Leadership Board members support the Foundation’s mission and fundraising activities by opening doors to influence individuals, organizations, and community partners to support the organization and build awareness among the arthritis community
- Help create and coordinate a strategic communication plan for events and activities in Louisiana that includes email, newsletters, social media, print materials and more
- Help define measurables and ROI related to marketing campaigns
- Seek opportunities to extend our reach in the community and leverage other Board members, volunteers and committees to build capacity
- Represent the Arthritis Foundation at official functions in the community and through social media.
- Actively participate in at least one special event annually.
- Ensure the Arthritis Foundation fulfills its commitment to diverse volunteer leadership that reflects the communities served.
- Serve as an advocate.
- Attend a minimum of 75% of Local Leadership Board meetings
All Local Leadership Board members will consider the Arthritis Foundation a philanthropic priority by making or helping to solicit gifts that reflect that priority. So that the Arthritis Foundation can credibly solicit contributions from major gift donors, corporate partners, and foundations, the Arthritis Foundation expects to have 100% of Local Leadership Board members make a personal annual contribution commensurate with individual capacity.
· Relevant professional experience and accomplishments in creating and implementing solid communication plans through various channels. Extensive personal experience and accomplishments within arthritis community desired.
· Experience working in a volunteer leadership capacity and volunteering in the community (preferred)
· Commitment to and understanding of the mission and vision of the Arthritis Foundation
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and passion for improving the lives of people with arthritis
· Natural affinity for cultivating relationships, working with diverse individuals, and influencing others.
RECOMMENDED TERM: Three-year term, renewable for one additional term
More opportunities with Arthritis Foundation - Louisiana
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Arthritis Foundation - Louisiana
1355 Peachtree NE, 6th Floor Atlanta GA 30309, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, US
The Arthritis Foundation is boldly pursuing a cure for America's #1 cause of disability while championing the fight against arthritis with life-changing resources, science, advocacy and community connections.
What We Do: Conquer Arthritis
By advancing research, advocacy and disease management support, the Arthritis Foundation helps you navigate the many challenges arthritis brings. You can easily make powerful connections that lead to real, meaningful change.
Multiple locations Baton Rouge, LA 70820
August 22, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Bi-monthly meetings (6 per year), attendance at special events (2 per year), community engagement approximately 3 hours per month