Disaster Mass Care Shelter Volunteer- Kane County
We are looking for local heroes to volunteer as a Sheltering Service Associate. We are needing passionate people to be trained and prepared for the upcoming disaster season to help with winter storms, spring tornadoes, and flooding.
- Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
You can also apply directly to the link below
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Illinois Region, Illinois Region, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Elgin, IL 60120
July 30, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training