International Bird Rescue Administrative Volunteer
Bird Rescue is seeking a volunteer to review, scan, categorize our historical paper files and find an appropriate place for them in our file share system. Additionally, the Administration volunteer will be responsible for assisting our Finance & Administration team. The volunteer will research and perform basic office tasks or projects assigned by the manager. Due to the nature of the files, It’s important that the volunteer has a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Sort, categorize and scan paper files
- Organize digital scanned files into appropriate locations on our online file-sharing system
- Assist with operational and administrative functions
About International Bird Rescue
4369 Cordelia Road, Fairfield, CA 94534, US
Our mission is to inspire people to act toward balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis. We dream of a world in which every person, every day, takes action to protect the natural home of wildlife and ourselves.
About International Bird Rescue - www.birdrescue.org
In 1971 after 800,000 gallons of crude oil spilled into the bay, concerned individuals led by a registered nurse named Alice Berkner jumped into action, bringing International Bird Rescue to life. We have always had to pave a road where there is none. Staff and volunteers work with tenacity alongside clients, partners, and the public to find solutions. Today, we research best practices at our crisis response hospitals in California and Alaska and share them worldwide.
4369 Cordelia RdFairfieldFairfield, CA 94534
September 15, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week preferred for at least a minimum of 2 to 3 months. Due to the nature of looking through archive materials, this position will be in the office.
- Qualifications: High School Diploma Computer skills, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Box.com or similar cloud-based file-sharing systems Keen attention to detail Self-starter Highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines