2 people are interested
Disaster Health Services Volunteer - Must be located in Wisconsin
2 people are interested
The role of the Disaster Health Services Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to provide disaster health services support to individuals and families who have been impacted by a disaster, and staff health services to the workforce.
* Provision of disaster health services to individual clients, including client assessment, provision of hands-on care per scope of license for RN and LPN/LVN or provide care as delegated by RN and LPN/LVN, assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), coordination of personal assistance services, education, assistance to replace medications, durable medical equipment (DME) or consumable medical supplies (CMS).
* Collaborate with other functions in providing services at service delivery sites, including outreach activities, emergency aid station activities, integrated care condolence activities.
* Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing disaster health services support, support during the casework and recovery planning process, and referrals to higher level of care.
* Provide staff health support as necessary.
* Assist the local region or territory in developing partnerships with local healthcare organizations.
* Active unencumbered license or certification: RN, LPN/LVN, MD, D.O., EMT, PA, Paramedic. Retired RN, LPN/LVN license will be accepted, if and only if, the state issuing the license allows full scope of practice for volunteer work.
* Good organizational skills, responsible, and punctual.
* Active listening skills.
* Ability to implement Standards and Procedures and follow associated job tools including reporting requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with community members in a clear, compassionate manner.
* Demonstrated ability to involve appropriate other in managing problems and conflict.
* Ability to acquire, evaluate, and report information accurately.
* Ability to provide support while respecting the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
* Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency,high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Ability to lift/carry 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
* Ability to stand and/sit for 2 hr periods.
* Ability to walk on uneven terrain and/or walk for two miles per shift.
* Ability to bend or stoop multiple times per shift.
* Ability to work outdoors writing, speak clearly on phone, read small print for extended periods and work long periods on computer.
* Ability to climb two or more flights of stairs.
* Ability to drive in daytime and at night.
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 30, 2021
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on regional projects and priorities