Local Coordinators Needed to Place Exchange Students Nationwide!
Are you extroverted? Passionate? A self-starter? These are just some of the qualities that Greenheart’s best Local Coordinators possess. These curious and motivated individuals have the rewarding job of finding families in their community who are interested in hosting a foreign exchange student. Local Coordinators also provide support and guidance to host families and exchange students, and help these young people from all over the world adjust to their new life in America.Local Coordinators:
- Network in their communities to find host families
- Play matchmaker...putting exchange students into host homes where there are shared interests
- Help hosts share American traditions and perspectives
- Serve as mentor, problem-solver, and friend
- Work with local high schools in support of cultural exchange
- This is an independent contractor role (eligible to earn a payment)
- Part-time, work from home
- Must be at least 26 years old
- Must maintain regular contact with exchange students during their stay
- Must have the ability to attend professional development and training workshops
- LCs have the opportunity for domestic and international travel to annual conferences
All Local Coordinators must live and be authorized to work in the United States and:
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Have an internet connection
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Become Department of State Certified
- Have reliable transportation
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Greenheart Exchange
712 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654, US
Our mission of connecting people and planet to create global leaders drives all that we do for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness, and citizen diplomacy.
Since 1985, Greenheart Exchange has created global leaders by facilitating cultural exchange and service learning opportunities for international students and professionals coming to the United States. Our diverse programs foster diplomacy and intercultural understanding between people of all nations.
Greenheart Exchange is a division of the nonprofit, Greenheart International.
We are a designated sponsor of the U.S. Department of State for the following J-1 Exchange Visitor Programs:
- Secondary School (High School Program)
- Intern and Trainee
- Summer Work Travel
Greenheart Exchange is currently granted full listing by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET) and are a member of the World Youth Student and Educational Travel Confederation (WYSTC), WYSE: Work Abroad Association, and the Alliance for International Exchange.
Greenheart Exchange is a branch of Greenheart International, a nonprofit that connects people and planet to create global leaders through personal development, volunteer service, environmentalism, fair trade, and cultural exchange.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 30, 2021
- Environmental Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26
- Orientation or Training
- Local Coordinators create their own schedule that works for them. On average, Local Coordinators devote approximately 5-15 hours per week.