Director of Outreach (DOO)
Director of Outreach (DOO) manages, organizes, and coordinates outreach activities for Standup For Kids- Detroit. Consists of street outreach based on locality, resources, and other needs of the Detroit community. The Director of Outreach is the primary example of what outreach should look like. The DOO must help all volunteers/interns properly process their outreach experience with special attention to new and impressionable volunteers to help deal with situations, attitudes, and emotions that arise when working with homeless and street kids. The DOO must be in constant contact and communication with the Executive Director. The DOO has the responsibility of answering the outreach phone in a professional and timely manner.
- Define Outreach goals and strategies.
- Develop an outreach plan to achieve goals.
- Overseas and determines the location and hours of outreach activities.
- Ensures that volunteers/interns are qualified to work with homeless and street kids.
- Maintains constant and consistent presence, always looking to reach more kids and recognizing seeking to understand the need for changes and new needs.
- Ensure that each outreach and outreach event has the appropriate number of volunteers/Interns
- Ensures that each outreach event is planned and coordinated with enough help in advance.
- Communicate with volunteers on a regular basis and make sure all volunteers/interns feel part of the team.
- Ensure that all outreach activities are within the mission of StandUp For Kids.
- Completes and submits outreach reports for each outreach and/or activity within 24-48 hours. - anytime contact is made with a kid; this includes who volunteered and start and end time\s.
- Completes and submits Kid Support Services included in monthly Program Reports by the 5th of every month.
- Coordinates food distribution( with ED0
- Maintain a positive street image with our kids, volunteers, and local businesses.
- Manages the Outreach phone and ensures that the outreach phone is being managed and answered at all times.
- Actively recruits volunteers alongside the Director of VOlunteers (DOV0
- Recommends additional training needs to the Executive Director (ED) or Director of Training
- Coordinate all street outreach from beginning to end.
- Developing and understand finance and budgets to include research and development appropriations, expenditures, and profit-loss projections.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director.
- Experience with volunteer organizations or related areas.
- Management/supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to communicate and lead a diverse volunteer team.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Google Docs, virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet
- Must have access to a smartphone, computer with internet capability, and maintain email access to fulfill responsibilities of DOV for the Standup For Kids- Detroit Chapter.
About StandUp for Kids - Detroit
123 Downtown St., Detroit, MI 48204, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives.
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
200 Nelson Ferry RoadDecatur, GA 30030
September 15, 2021
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Inventory Management
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Hours vary. Minimal 2-5 hrs/week
- Flexible and committed.