3 people are interested
Human Service Internship (HSI)
3 people are interested
Human Service Internship (HSI)- Street Outreach- seeks out and assists youth experiencing homelessness or at-risk for homelessness in the Detroit area. Responsible for mentoring, providing resources to homeless and at-risk youth. HSI is able to provide caring contact with homeless youth 24- 14 yrs of age and establish a fulfilling relationship while providing caring support while helping to guide homeless youth to independence, education, and empowering self-sufficiency. Reports to Executive Director.
- Assist in special projects and volunteer in the Detroit community
- Street outreach twice a week through established consistent routes
- Distribute hygiene, food packs,
- Ensure that lunch resources are available
- Contribute to planning, collect data, and contribute appropriate information for social media updates.
- Attend Monthly/weekly meetings for SUFK- Detroit Chapter
- Contribute ideas and perspectives that match SUFK- Detroit Chapter
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Executive Director
- Seeking a student intern to assist in the SUFK- Detroit Chapter outreach program, , This position is ideally suited for a human services major, either undergraduate or graduate level,
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be sensitive to issues pertaining to youth homelessness
- Ability to communicate and work within a diverse volunteer team.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Google Docs, virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet.
- Must have access to a smartphone, computer with internet capability, and maintain email access to fulfill responsibilities of HSI for the Standup For Kids- Detroit Chapter.
About StandUp for Kids - Detroit
123 Downtown St., Detroit, MI 48204, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives.
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
200 Nelson Ferry RoadDecatur, GA 30030
September 15, 2021
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours
- Flexible, Committed