4 people are interested
Graphic Designers, Want to Make A Measurable Impact? Volunteers Needed
4 people are interested
Are you a visionary graphic designer and want to make a measurable, visible impact that deeply changes people's lives? If yes, consider volunteering your visionary and design talent to Lumiere Health International and critically underserved populations!
We are in need of one/two talented designers to help us on one/two critical projects. We need help translating complex information into easy to understand graphic designs (for example, theory of change, workflows, etc.). You will have the opportunity to develop long-lasting relationships with our team. You will collaborate with a group of highly talented and accomplished individuals, who are passionate about their work and mission. We will offer constructive feedback, but will give you full autonomy of the design process. Successful and collaborative designers could have the opportunity to grow with the organization.
We need your help with the following:
- Translate complex information into easy to understand graphic designs. Design Lumiere's theory of change, workflows for a specific and important project (confidential for this advertisement), etc.
- Create various designs that are flexible to use in multiple media.
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Work closely with the project team to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials.
- Be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Canva & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software
- Must have excellent interpersonal/collaborative and communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Must be able to define and work to deadlines
- This position provides valuable experience and the opportunity to develop a portfolio related to graphic design and visual arts.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lumiere Health International, Inc.
100 Park Avenue, Apartment #299, New York, NY 10017, US
Lumiere Health International, Inc. provides consulting services for victims of human rights violations or crimes against humanity. This includes social inequity, civil rights, war crimes, and torture--both domestically and internationally. We serve the world’s most vulnerable communities, helping forced migrants and refugees who’ve experienced conflict and persecution. These individuals include unaccompanied minors, asylum seekers, and victims of civil violations abuses in the United States. We also offer consultations to international organizations and policy recommendations at the local, state, and federal level.
What we do:
- We improve lives in underserved communities
- We enable legal representation and increase clinical effectiveness
- Lumiere Health International provides psychosocial forensic medical-legal assessments to our patients/clients. The assessments are evidentiary, sworn, legal affidavits attesting to the mental health status-and clinical diagnoses- of the asylum seeker.
- We work with attorneys to build compelling legal defenses.
- In addition to psychosocial medial-legal forensic services, Lumiere harnesses disparate solutions in innovative ways to increase clinical effectiveness. For example, we incorporate case management and sourcing of shelter, food, legal, healthcare, and assistance with prescription drug coverage.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print