Volunteer Social Media Coordinator for Non Profit (Animal Shelter)
We are a volunteer based, registered 501c3 non profit Animal Shelter looking to grow and become fully operational. We are a start-up and need all of the help we can get to continue doing great work for the animals as our hands are full with physical work at the sanctuary location which limits our time for social media promotion, responding to messages and emails, outreach and similar tasks.
We are in need of a volunteer that is extremely active on social media, understands the terminology, various platforms, uses of those platforms and how to increase a targeted crowd related to our mission statement and orginzation projects and plans.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Experience using social media profiles including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, etc..
- Interest in nonprofit communications
- Interest in animals and their wellbeing and welfare
- Keep CEMEVA Foundation's social media profiles up to date with photos, videos, upcoming events, announcements, relevant material and responding to posts and responses
- Increase engagement across social media platforms and monitor engagement
- Draft new content for newsletters, website and social media platforms
- Additional related tasks as needed
10 -15 hours per week, 6 month term
- Gain leadership and communication skills in a non-profit setting.
- Sharpen social media management and writing skills.
- Network with non-profits, organizations, companies and advocates of all kinds
- Have an opportunity to visit the internaitonal sanctuary location and spend several days in some of the most beautiful settings mother nature has put on this earth
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.
Desired Skills and Experience This position requires the following skills: Organization, Social Media / Blogging, Brand Development & Messaging, Verbal / Written Communication, Interactive/Social Media/SEO, Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
About CEMEVA Foundation, Inc.
4 Chapin St, Lawrence, MA 01843, US
CEMEVA Foundation is passionate and dedicated to Animal Welfare, Advocacy and Activism and we take pride in the successful work we've been able to provide to many animals int he past few years. We currently run a dog sanctuary and work with the community to help provide resources for their pets, work with sister foundations regarding Veterans with pets and their pet needs as well as the homeless population with pets and their needs. We focus on responsible rescue, adoption with consistent follow up and of course, we take pride in implementing our Mission Statement into every single step we make: Compassion, Education, Morals, Empathy, Values, Awareness. Bringing enlightenment and education to the community regarding the importance of Animal Welfare is of the utmost importance to us. We hope to continue not ony to provide help and services as we currently do but to expand and rescue many more animals in the near future.
501(c)(3) Animal Welfare and Rescue Organization dedicated to helping animals in need, animal welfare, rescue and protection as well as educating the community of the importance of values and not allowing animal abuse and neglect.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 29, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 21
- 6 months - 10-15 hours per week