4 people are interested
Volunteer Grant Writer / Researcher for Non-Profit (Animal Shelter)
4 people are interested
We are a volunteer based, registered 501c3 non profit Animal Shelter looking to grow and become fully operational. We have not previously received a grant nor corporate partnerships. We are a start-up and need all of the help we can get to continue doing great work for the animals.
We know that grant funding will help us to grow as an organization and be more impactful, especially post COVID.
We are in need a volunteer who is passionate and knowledgable about grant writing and researching.
We are looking for someone who has roughly 5-10 hours a week to contribute. While we continue to research which grants are a good and realistic fit for us, we need someone more experienced in researching and writing grants having to do with Animal Shelters, Rescue, Spay/Neuter, Animal Food, Products, Purchase of Property to operate, etc... Needless to say, we are in dire need.
- We need someone who can prepare grant proposals and think creatively around areas we are lacking
- Research which grants fit our needs
- To develop the proposals, familiarize with our organization's programs, goals and financial needs.
- Compile all the information they need, grant writers compose and send their proposals.
- Keep careful records to track their proposals. If a grant-making organization requests additional information, nonprofit grant writers supply the missing items.
- Work in close collaboration with CEMEVA Foundation Executive Director to develop approve narrative content.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional and successful grant writing experience and 2 years of prospect research experience
- Superb writing skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with organizing info
- Ability to digest new information quickly and think critically about what information is needed to craft compelling cases for support
- Ability to think creatively about how to find new sources of support by marketing campaigns in new ways to a variety of funders
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data in a succinct format
- Excellent project management, follow-through, and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in shifting gears to address time sensitive projects
- Enthusiasm and passion for CEMEVA Foundation's mission
- Thrives in a rapid response environment and enjoys working with a dynamic team
- Independent and self-motivated with a desire to provide support to advance CF's mission
- Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication and collaboration
- Sense of humor a plus!
- Can cry with us over joys and sorrows!
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.
Desired Skills and Experience This position requires the following skills: Grant Writing / Research, Research, Technical Writing, Copy Writing / Copy Editing
About CEMEVA Foundation, Inc.
4 Chapin St, Lawrence, MA 01843, US
CEMEVA Foundation is passionate and dedicated to Animal Welfare, Advocacy and Activism and we take pride in the successful work we've been able to provide to many animals int he past few years. We currently run a dog sanctuary and work with the community to help provide resources for their pets, work with sister foundations regarding Veterans with pets and their pet needs as well as the homeless population with pets and their needs. We focus on responsible rescue, adoption with consistent follow up and of course, we take pride in implementing our Mission Statement into every single step we make: Compassion, Education, Morals, Empathy, Values, Awareness. Bringing enlightenment and education to the community regarding the importance of Animal Welfare is of the utmost importance to us. We hope to continue not ony to provide help and services as we currently do but to expand and rescue many more animals in the near future.
501(c)(3) Animal Welfare and Rescue Organization dedicated to helping animals in need, animal welfare, rescue and protection as well as educating the community of the importance of values and not allowing animal abuse and neglect.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 29, 2021
- Office Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Because we are totally overwhelmed with the maintainance of the shelter, we are in need of someone who can realistically dedicate 10 hours per week.