16 people are interested
Support Group Facilitators - Alzheimer's Association Greater Idaho
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association: Greater Idaho Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia. The goal of Alzheimer's Association support groups is to provide emotional, social and/or educational support to group members. As facilitators, individuals may be responsible for general caregiver, adult children, spouse, gender-specific or language-specific groups.
- Follow Association recommendations, including participation in initial & ongoing training and submission of all required documentation to Chapter.
- Set up, arrange and prepare the room before and after each group.
- Coordinate any speakers/presenters with local chapter staff.
- Encourage participants to provide assistance and emotional support to one another.
- Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members.
- Connect members of the community with additional Association services, Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
The Association is seeking volunteer candidates with:
- Ability to be empathic and separate personal needs from group needs.
- Strong listening and effective communication skills. Ability to redirect and facilitate discussion
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
- Commitment to promote the mission and services of the Association and willingness to act as an extension of the Association.
- Experience with dementia as a family member or health care professional preferred.
Benefits of volunteering with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Perfect your active listening and group management technique.
- Serve your local community and people you care about.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized in your community as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Build your resume and skill set.
- Join a network of other volunteers, Alzheimer's Association staff and professionals and caregivers in the aging field
For More Info. or Questions, please email Rick Vogel, Regional Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-206-0041, ext. 8198
About Alzheimer's Association: Greater Idaho Chapter
2995 N Cole Rd, Suite 120, Boise, ID 83704, US
OUR MISSION: The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Our vision is: A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia.
Multiple locations Boise, ID 83704
November 28, 2023
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours a month.