Meals on Wheels Kitchen Volunteer
VOLUNTEER SUMMARY: Assist staff with routine food service operation in the kitchen, serving over 500 meals per day. Daily routine supervision is provided by the Production Supervisor. Carries out duties in accordance with Agency policies and program regulations.
VOLUNTEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with food preparation and clean up.
- Assists with meeting daily needs at the assigned kitchen; refers problems to Production Supervisor.
- Assists in proper storage and care of food and supplies.
- Follows dress and sanitation codes.
- Collates and packs various components of the daily meal.
- Follows agency policies and program regulations.
- Assists with hot food preparation.
- Responsible for cleanup of own equipment, work area and supplies.
- Assists with all cleanup at the end of food service day including pots, pans and other cooking utensils, equipment and apparatuses.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Must have knowledge of food service regulations.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to relate well with others.
- Must work will in a team setting and be cooperative.
- Must have the physical strength to carry out responsibilities of position.
- Must be flexible with duties and work schedule; must be organized.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
This description is not meant to be all/inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the Volunteer position.
06:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Meals are prepared and packaged for Home Delivered Meals (HDM) and our Dining and Activity Centers (DAC).
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Oswego County Opportunities, Inc. Nutrition Services
5871 Scenic Ave, Mexico, NY 13114, US
Maintain the independence and quality of life for Oswego County residents by providing meals, recreation and transportation, while promoting and advocating wellness and nutritional support services.
NUTRITION SERVICES Phone:315-598-4712 Fax: 315-963-2516 Open Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Since 1974, OCO Nutrition Services programs have provided over 8.5 million meals to senior citizens aged 60 and older and their spouses, regardless of income, adults under 60 and youth. All meals are available throughout the county via the Meals-on-Wheels Program, afterschool sites and summer food service sites as well as at any of the six (6) Dining and Activity Centers.
Meals are either followed by the USDA meal pattern requirements or planned by a registered dietitian that follows the recommended dietary allowance. The meals are prepared and delivered by our professional staff as well as a network of dedicated Volunteers.
Programs are partially supported through grants from our partners: Oswego County Office for the Aging, NYS Office for the Aging and the United Way of Greater Oswego County, Inc.
5871 Scenic AvenueMexico, NY 13114
September 16, 2021
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Inventory Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- This opportunity is ideal for those who are retired or in need to fulfill many volunteer or community service hours within a shorter period of time.
- Must be able to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time and be able to safely lift +50 pounds. Also must be able to follow company food safety policies, dress code and hygiene guidelines.