DUI/Sobriety Checkpoint Volunteer
27 people are interested
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of MADD by helping local law enforcement conduct sobriety checkpoints, a high-visibility and proven method for reducing the number of impaired drivers on our roadways.
- Duties vary by law enforcement agency, but might include any of the following:
- Dispense MADD and CDOT information to sober drivers
- Set-up and tear down DUI checkpoint
- Help collect statistical information
- Help direct traffic through the checkpoint
- Prompt responses to DUI Checkpoint Program Manager volunteer requests
- Checkpoint training takes place directly at the checkpoint location, prior to the designated start time. All checkpoint volunteers are required to arrive promptly to receive training.
- Age 18 or older
- Reliable transportation to/from checkpoints
- Able to help move tables and chairs
- Able to work an overnight shift
- Able to work in inclement weather
- Able to work with various law enforcement officers and agencies
- Background check required
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED:
- Checkpoints are typically held on the weekends and require volunteers to work an overnight shift (usually 9pm-3am)
- Checkpoints are not on a set schedule. The Checkpoint Program Manager will reach out to Checkpoint Assistants when checkpoints are scheduled (always on a rolling basis)
- Checkpoint season runs from May through October
- Checkpoints are held throughout the state. Location details are communicated when the Program Manager initiates a request for Checkpoint Assistants.
- Learn how sobriety checkpoints are conducted in Colorado
- Meet law enforcement from various jurisdictions
- Help educate drivers about the dangers of impaired driving
We'll work with your schedule.
Locations VaryDenver-Metro Area, CO 80222
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18