2 people are interested
Drive a Senior To & From an Appointment!
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Take on a fun and engaging volunteer assignment at WayForward Resources!
As a Seniors Program Volunteer Driver, you can help a senior by providing occasional door-to-door transportation in a timely, courteous, and friendly manner. No set schedule is required. Drivers receive email notification of ride requests and respond, if available, to claim the ride.
Seniors participating in the transportation program are physically able to independently get in and out of a vehicle.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to emails/phone calls requesting transportation volunteer assistance
- Make confirmation call to the senior client on the day of the needed ride.
- Report all service hours on a weekly basis
About WayForward Resources (formerly Middleton Outreach Ministry - MOM)
3502 Parmenter St, Middleton, WI 53562, US
WayForward Resources brings our community together to create food and housing security through action and advocacy. Our vision is a community where everyone has the stability to thrive. Thanks to generous community support and partnership, we serve more than 5,000 people in our community each year. We provide access to nutritious food and support that allows people to stay in their homes. Our case managers partner with clients to solve immediate needs and work toward their long-term goals.
- Our food pantry is open to all Dane County residents.
- People can access the pantry as often as they need, five days a week.
- We also provide food to families and individuals through deliveries, mobile food pantries and partnerships with the Middleton-Cross Plains School District.
- Our service area for housing programs includes Middleton, Cross Plains and west Madison.
- We provide case management, referrals, and housing stability assistance.
- Our housing stability programs focus on providing critical support to keep families in their homes so they avoid the trauma of homelessness.
- Our Connections program works with families in doubled-up living situations to locate and move into their own housing.
- Our seasonal programs - including Back to School and Winter Wishes holiday gift cards - help alleviate financial stress so families can focus on paying rent.
- Our Seniors Program provides ride and chore assistance.
3502 Parmenter StreetMiddleton, WI 53562
October 26, 2023
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours each week or each month
- Good driving record. Current driver's license and proof of auto insurance.