Volunteer Meals on Wheels Delivery Driver
VOLUNTEER SUMMARY: Works as a team member of the food distribution component by ensuring prepared food reaches its final destination timely, accurately and according to policy. Acts as the daily point of contact with home delivered clients during meal drop offs. Carries out duties in accordance with Agency policies and program regulations.
VOLUNTEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies that the proper amount of meals have been provided for distribution according to route sheets.
- Insures proper temperature of cold foods maintained throughout the entire distribution period.
- Transports prepared foods to homebound clients.
- Follows dress, sanitation codes, and company Covid-19 policies.
- Reports any client related occurrences, if not home to receive meal, incidents or concerns to Support Services Specialist. If cannot be reached, call the Nutrition Services phone number, 315-598-4712.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to relate well with others.
- Must work well in a team setting and be cooperative.
- Must have the physical strength to carry out responsibilities of position.
- Must possess the capability of regular lifting in excess of 35 pounds.
- Must be flexible with duties and work schedule; must be organized.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
This description is not meant to be all/inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the Volunteer position.
09:45 AM to 11:45 AM
We have various routes throughout Oswego County, with different start/end times per route. Please contact us to learn more about routes in your area.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Oswego County Opportunities, Inc. Nutrition Services
5871 Scenic Ave, Mexico, NY 13114, US
Maintain the independence and quality of life for Oswego County residents by providing meals, recreation and transportation, while promoting and advocating wellness and nutritional support services.
NUTRITION SERVICES Phone:315-598-4712 Fax: 315-963-2516 Open Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Since 1974, OCO Nutrition Services programs have provided over 8.5 million meals to senior citizens aged 60 and older and their spouses, regardless of income, adults under 60 and youth. All meals are available throughout the county via the Meals-on-Wheels Program, afterschool sites and summer food service sites as well as at any of the six (6) Dining and Activity Centers.
Meals are either followed by the USDA meal pattern requirements or planned by a registered dietitian that follows the recommended dietary allowance. The meals are prepared and delivered by our professional staff as well as a network of dedicated Volunteers.
Programs are partially supported through grants from our partners: Oswego County Office for the Aging, NYS Office for the Aging and the United Way of Greater Oswego County, Inc.
Multiple locations Oswego, NY 13126
September 16, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Can deliver as little or as much as you would like to. Request to work 1 or more weekdays.
- We are looking for long-term volunteers who will help maintain a consistent schedule for the seniors who are food vulnerable in their community. Must also have reliable transportation.