1 person is interested
Director of Volunteers (DOV)
1 person is interested
Director of Volunteers coordinates all activities related to StandUp for Kids Detroit Chapter programs, volunteers including recruitment, training, recognition and retention.
- ensures all volunteers are acceptable for the program
- maintains personnel files for all volunteers
- arranges ongoing training sessions for volunteers
- assigns volunteers positions based on skill set
- provides volunteers with proper recognition
- ensures volunteers are in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- submits monthly report to Executive Director (ED) on status and need of volunteers
- Understands that confidentiality and communication are key components of this position
- attends all monthly meetings
- other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Minimum of 1-3 years experience with volunteer organization. Some supervisory experience preferred. The ability to communicate and lead diverse volunteers. Must be knowledgeable, and proficient with Microsoft, zoom etc. Must have access to smart phone, computer with internet capabilities and email access to fulfill the responsibilities of DOV.
About StandUp for Kids - Detroit
123 Downtown St., Detroit, MI 48204, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives.
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resources range from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, mentoring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the love and support of family, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
200 Nelson Ferry RoadDecatur, GA 30030
September 15, 2021
- Youth Services
- Strategic Planning
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Hours will vary. Approximately 5 - 10 hours per week.
- Flexibility and commitment.