6 people are interested
Volunteer Project Leader : Grants (Remote)
6 people are interested
Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of nonprofit development in a challenging and rewarding environment? Are you excited about the opportunity to work with smart and talented individuals across the world? Does working remotely on your own schedule excite you? Check out www.savethewater.org ! At Save the Water(tm), our mission is to conduct scientific water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water and to raise public awareness.
If you are able to volunteer 8 hours per week, we would like to talk to you! Please reach out to us at email@example.com
Save the Water is seeking a "Project Leader: Grants" to design, prepare and implement grant applications. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in nonprofits and/or fundraising development by seeing how it all works in a creative, dynamic environment. This is an unpaid & remote volunteer opportunity and project leaders must be responsive to emails within 48 hours.
What you will be responsible for.....
- Research, identify and apply for local, state, federal and private foundation funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Review grant proposals and applications for completeness, accuracy and timeliness; manage grant applications by working with various departments in the application and monitoring process to ensure successful grant awards and grant compliance.
- Design, prepare and implement grant applications. Research and compile information on grant prospects.
- Develop a grants administration work plan which includes goals, objectives and measurable workload indicators for the grants function.
- As a part of managing the grants funding portfolio, conducts research into prospects for new funding opportunities and maintains records and tracking of grant deliverables including all grant application processes from the point of cultivation to proposal submission, compliance, and reporting.
- Assist the Associate Director - Grants in growing our nonprofit organization, its management & strategy
- Manage and Lead a team of 5 volunteers, holding them accountable for their work.
- Should be able to attend virtual team meetings as scheduled in the EST timezone.
Apply Now if you have....
- Bachelor degree (or currently enrolled in a degree program) or comparable work experience (at least 3 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience).
- The Project Leader - Grants must have excellent writing skills and have a successful track record of securing grant funds in the nonprofit sector. Strong writing is key to the success of this position and must be strategic, analytical, and data-informed.
- Experience securing major private and/or governmental grants; experience with foundation relations (especially in the Science and Technology Communities/Foundations, and/or tech nonprofit space); experience leading fundraising campaigns and/or soliciting donations from individuals, corporate, etc.
- Experience in creating successful direct mail, marketing materials, online giving appeals including social media, and campaigns including integration of e-commerce platforms for the payment gateway.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with fundraising databases and best practices.
- Candidates resident in North America and Canada preferred
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2021
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Project leaders are expected to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week and be responsive to emails within 48 hours.