Narberth CF Run Planning Committee
Take A Breather Foundation is seeking creative and enthusiastic individuals to join our 2022 Narberth CF Run Volunteer Committee
The Narberth CF Run has been making a difference in the lives of children and young adults with cystic fibrosis since 1996. This event led to the creation of the Take A Breather Foundation in 2012, which continues to provide wishes for children and young adults with cystic fibrosis. Continue to make history with us and be a part of our 27th annual run for cystic fibrosis!
This group meets monthly during the five/six months leading up to the run (less frequently in the "off-season" after the run) to plan Take A Breather Foundation's biggest and longest-running fundraising event. We are currently seeking volunteers of any talent- all that's required is desire to help and positivity! The month-of and the month before the run we will meet twice monthly.
During Run Week:
- During the week of the run, we kindly ask committee members to participate in the run and any preparations that are feasible for you (mostly in the afternoons or evenings).
- Opportunities to get involved:
- On Wednesday/Thursday of run week, we rely on committee members and volunteers to help distribute notices through the Narberth neighborhood regarding street closures.
- The night before the run we have packet pick-up where runners can gather materials like bibs and t-shirts. We usually like many volunteers here too, and it is a fun, happy atmosphere with everyone exited for race day.
- The customary run date and time of the run is the fourth Saturday in April at 9:00am (or now, 8:00am). In 2022, this will be Sat., April 23 rd at 8:00am. This is also a great atmosphere and a lot of fun. This is an all-hands-on-deck kind of morning! We’ll be setting up in the field, out on the course, and cleaning up; doing it all!
About Take A Breather Foundation
107 Forrest Ave., Suite 105, Narberth, PA 19072, US
Take A Breather Foundation fulfills wishes for those battling Cystic Fibrosis (CF).
Take A Breather Foundation fulfills wishes for those battling cystic fibrosis (CF). Our goal is to give these patients, along with their families, the opportunity to "take a breather" from CF and focus on creating magical memories that will stay with them for a lifetime. Memories that will strengthen their hearts and minds as they battle the psychological, emotional and financial turmoil that accompanies life with Cystic Fibrosis.
Cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease that destroys the lungs, pancreas and other organs. Those with CF spend long amounts of time in the hospital where they receive IV antibiotics to fight off life threatening lung infections. There is no cure and the average life expectancy is late 30's.
107 Forrest Ave.Narberth, PA 19072
September 15, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Must be at least 19
- 10-15 hours.