DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
NMSS: Event Production and Volunteer Engagement Fall/Winter Intern!
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Please read the full role description and apply here:
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The National MS Society, Greater New England Market (Waltham Office) is offering an exciting internship within the Development department on the Event Production team where intern(s) will assist with the different event production and volunteer engagement aspects of executing Bike MS, Walk MS and Emerging Events. The unpaid internship can provide school credit and offers exciting hands-on experience, opportunity to gain new skills, build and maintain networks and work with a dynamic and talented team dedicated to ending MS forever. This internship is ideal looking to gain more insights or seeking a career in nonprofit fundraising, event production, and volunteer engagement. Selected intern(s) will play a vital role by helping drive our various fundraising campaigns and aid in cultivating relationships with volunteers, sponsors, and vendors. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, be self-motivated, a team player, results-oriented, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by MS.Essential Functions/Responsibilities:Day to Day
- Event Production (70%)
- Volunteer Engagement (30%)
- Event Production management (20%)
- Work with cities and various municipalities to communicate event plans and gain necessary permits
- Attend and/or lead event production meetings
- Event Production projects (50%)
- Migrating/creating/updating site maps
- Migrating/creating/updating route cues
- Cultivating vendor relationships and ordering
- Warehouse inventory and organizing
- Packing and unpacking events
- In Kind solicitation
- Volunteer recruitment and relationship management (25%)
- Responsibilities specific to the interest of the intern (5%)
- Develop strategies to recruit, train, retain, and position volunteers.
- Relationship building with long term and new volunteer groups.
- Gain experience in project and event management and get an inside look at the nuances that go into planning endurance and fundraising events.
- Develop effective strategies in relationship building, time management, and working as part of a larger team.
- Learn ability to manage difficult or complex situations and/or relationships with confidence and diplomacy.
About National MS Society - Greater New England Chapter
101A First Ave, Suite 6, Suite 6, Waltham, MA 02451, US
To Create a World Free of MS.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society funds more MS research, offers more services to people with MS, provides more professional education programs and advances more MS advocacy efforts than any other MS organization in the world. Through its home office and fifty-state network of chapters, the National MS Society provides assistance to over a million people annually in its continuing mission to end the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis.
Seeking out and engaging volunteers to the MS cause is at the very core of our business. Each year the Society organizes a series of community events that provide many opportunities for the enthusiastic volunteer. The Society offers three key fundraising activities: The MS Bike Tour, MS Walk and MS Challenge Walk. The Society also engages volunteers to help influence law-makers at the federal, state and municipal levels toward legislation important to people with MS. The Society is looking for passionate volunteers with expertise in areas such as: marketing communications, public relations, corporate and donor development, medical, legal, administrative, social work and organizational expertise.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 27, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Time Commitment: Number of weeks: 13-16 (flexible) Hours per week: 15-20 (flexible Must be available to work within office hours - Monday through Friday 8am-5pm