Coffee Shop Manager Intern (Unpaid)
You Can Save A Life!
According to empirical data collected by Johns Hopkins, "[t]he COVID-19 pandemic exacerbates multiple factors that may increase suicides" (https://bit.ly/2WrhoES). In the wake of a safe and effective vaccine and after over a year of forced isolation, many Bakersfield residents are seeking to reconnect with family and friends. Many of those same residents struggle with thoughts of suicide and are searching for a place to make new social connections vital to their mental health.
Saint Martin's Café, a joint hospitality ministry of Saint Martin's Chapel and the Bakersfield Center for Pastoral Counseling, seeks to create a safe space for individuals struggling with depression and other mental illnesses. We are seeking coffee shop management and staff interns who will help others by creating a warm environment where our members and guests can grow spiritually while they make connections with others.
Please note this is an unpaid internship, Saint Martin's Café is currently under early development and has received Kern County permission to serve our members and guests exclusively.
- Prepare and serve coffee and tea drinks that meet quality standards
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment
- Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
- Serve customers quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
Schedule and attend an on-site volunteer orientation by calling us at (661) 447-4494.
- Interns must be ready, willing, and able to help us start this ministry of hospitality "from the ground up" but will be provided with funding, equipment, supplies, and support
- Experience in the coffee and tea industry is preferred, but not required
- Experience in a faith-based organization is preferred, but not required
About Saint Martin's Chapel - Free Anglican Church (WAC)
1017 30th St, Bakersfield, CA 93301, US
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our mission is to worship Christ passionately and serve God faithfully by loving our neighbor wholly - spirit, soul and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23).
Through holistic ministries of Word, sacrament, and service, Saint Martin's Chapel seeks to minister to the relational, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of all without discrimination (Luke 10:27).
1017 30th StBakersfield, CA 93301
July 27, 2021
- Food & Beverage Services
- Customer Service
- Business Development
- People Skills
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Depending on your availability and the patronage of the community, you will volunteer between 4 to 8 hours each day you choose to serve.
- Readiness to take on a challenge, willingness to learn, ability to follow directions, and a big smile!