1 person is interested
Marketing and Communications VISTA (Lewisville, TX)
ORGANIZATION: Texas Association of Charitable Clinics
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Are you a volunteer warrior? Do you want a career in service? Join AmeriCorps VISTA! The program is designed to function as a stateside Peace Corps, placing high quality, dedicated individuals in poverty facing non-profit organizations throughout the country.
Through activities such as community outreach, fundraising, grant writing, research, and volunteer recruitment AmeriCorps members in the VISTA program serve as changemakers and gain experience and leadership skills while doing it! This opportunity provides members with the experience needed for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics, (TXACC) is a not for profit 501(c)3 association that supports Texas' free and charitable clinics that are dedicated to providing quality healthcare services to low-income individuals throughout Texas. Our VISTA Members will be working on various projects at free and charitable clinics across Texas with the goal of expanding affordable healthcare. VISTA program members will be provided with on-going support and training, as well as invaluable experience in the healthcare field.
The Marketing and Communications VISTA at PediPlace will be responsible for providing outreach and education about clinic services and events while seeking out community partners for collaboration. The VISTA will also work on updating PediPlace's marketing materials and improve current social media communications; and develop new social media avenues to communicate with targeted audience and increase awareness of PediPlace Clinic activities and programs.
To learn more about VISTA, click here: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
- Members receive a modest monthly living allowance of $1,350 to cover basic expenses.
- VISTA members are eligible for relocation allowance if they are moving more than 50 miles to a new community to begin service.
- Childcare Assistance.
- End of Service Award: Members can choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at $6,495) or a $1,800 cash stipend.
- The education award may be used to repay qualified student loans, or can be used to pay for tuition or other educational expenses at eligible universities (including graduate programs) and vocational schools. Many institutions offer to match the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or make other financial aid benefits, such as scholarships, tuition waivers, and in-state tuition, available to AmeriCorps alumni.
- On-Going Training and Professional Development.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment: This allows a VISTA member who meets the minimum qualifications for a job to be hired by a federal agency, without having to compete with the general public.
- College Graduate.
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit).
- VISTA Members serve on a full-time basis for one full calendar year.
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state.
- Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty.
- Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems.
- Responsible for finding own housing.
- Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position, you can click on the following link:
09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
VISTA positions are full-time, one year, paid position.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Texas Association of Charitable Clinics
3710 Cedar Street #284, Austin, TX 78705, US
Enhancing the overall ability of Texas Charitable Clinics to provide the highest level of care.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics, TXACC, is a private nonprofit organiztaion that provides support, education, rsources and advocacy to free and charitable clinics statewide in Texas. These are clinics largely run by volunteers providing low cost care to people who are low-income and uninsured.
Texas Association of Charitable Clinics (TXACC) is a private, not-for-profit membership association - 501 (c)(3) that supports Texas’ free and charitable clinics.
Through mentoring, the provision of resources, education, advocacy efforts, and services, TXACC seeks to strengthen the charitable clinic system in Texas. Each of our more than 70 clinics is an independent enterprise. Some are faith-based, others are community-based. All are established as 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organizations.
502 South Old Orchard LaneLewisville, TX 75067
August 16, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity. It is a year long program. More information is in the description.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org