Use your Leadership Skills and Become a Red Cross Community Volunteer Leader!
Responsibilities: Use your leadership and communication skills as a Red Cross Community Volunteer Leader! A Community Volunteer Leader is an experienced professional who works within their community to cultivate, manage, and steward external partnerships in order to connect their community to the Red Cross mission of preventing and alleviating human suffering.
- Serve as an advocate and represent the Red Cross volunteer and fundraising needs in their community
- Share the Red Cross mission within social networks / circles of influence.
- Helping build / regain/ enhance presence in the local community.
- Provide Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participate in local community events as an extension of Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Support routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners).
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- A natural connector; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross.
- Strong communication skills, one-on-one or with groups
- An interest and background in relationship / account management
- Credible individual with knowledge of and influence in the community
- Demonstrated interest in promoting volunteerism
- Individual willing to leverage personal and professional social capital to promote Red Cross mission.
- Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations
- Be a creative self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Commitment to the American Red Cross mission and values.
- Comfortable with use of web and social media tools
- All training required is provided by Red Cross
- 10 hours per month
Ready to Make a Difference? Here's How to Get Started!
- Go to redcross.org/volunteertoday to complete our online application. It takes less than 10 minutes!
- A member of our team will get in touch. Taking the time for a personal conversation enables us to match you with a role that will be both meaningful and enjoyable.
- We’ll provide all necessary training to ensure you can be successful in your volunteer role.
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
5035 Gilmore AveBakersfield, CA 93308
August 1, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible: 10 hours per month