1 person is interested
Treasurer - Board of Directors
1 person is interested
My Pit Bull is Family Board Treasurer The board treasurer is an executive and voting member of the board of directors of the organization and appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws. They are accountable to the Board for the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities outlined below. The treasurer, as other board members, has no authority to direct staff or take independent action on matters outside of the duties outlined unless given such authority by the Board. Time Commitment Five hours per month (board meetings, meetings with the Executive Director, committee meetings) Term of Office Two years with the possibility of renewal for a second term. Roles and Responsibilities The treasurer will offer guidance to the Executive Director in ensuring good fiscal planning, decision-making, and oversight at a governance level.
The principal duties are to:
* Oversee the development of high-level financial policies and their review by the board
* Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its presentation to the board for review
* Ensure that the appropriate monthly financial statements are reviewed by the board
* Ensure that the board regularly monitors the organization’s financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures
* Ensure that the organization maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that these are accurate and up-to-date
* Ensure that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
* Meet with the external auditor annually, or more often if needed, to identify any financial control and record-keeping problems or deficiencies and oversee action by the Executive Director and to address them
* Recommend to the board the need for a review or renewal of the auditing services provided
* Assists the Executive Director and board chair with the development and presentation of the annual report
* Present or co-present the organization’s financial report and recommend appointment or reappointment of an auditor at the Annual General Meeting
* Helps, along with the Executive Director, keep the board informed of important financial events, trends, and issues relevant to the organization Committee Membership
* Commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions
* A understanding of, and experience with, good financial management and reporting practices including Quickbooks
* An appreciation of the kind and level of financial information needed at a board level to support decision making
* An ability to commit the time required to fulfill the responsibilities described
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About My Pit Bull is Family
po box 26262, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55426, US
My Pit Bull is Family is a 501c-3 non-profit organization based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with a mission to keep families and their canine companions together through ending housing and insurance discrimination. We do this work through having conversations with property management companies, conducting pet policy research studies, providing the nation’s largest housing database that accepts all dogs, and community outreach & education.
My Pit Bull is Family is a nationally known organization that was started in 2011 as a bumper sticker campaign. In 2015 the campaign became a registered non-profit organization and has been growing since!
1401 44TH AVE NMINNEAPOLISMINNEAPOLIS, MN 55412
July 27, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- We plan for this position to spend roughly 5 hours per month on finance reports and our monthly board meeting.