PURPOSE: To assist the Director of Communications with the DMRS communications strategy, including marketing, digital, social, print, and public relations messages.
- Assist with execution of DMRS Communications Plan including social media and traditional media
- Support the DMRS Director of Communications in creating content for all media platforms
- Contribute increasing awareness of Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc. (DMRS) in El Paso and beyond
- Aid the Director of Communications with press releases and marketing campaigns
- Help the Director of Communications with the DMRS podcast: Amor al Migrante
- Assist the Director of Communications with client success stories
- Help the Director of Communications and Director of Development with DMRS events and fundraisers
- Other duties as assigned by the DMRS Director of Communications
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Unafraid to make initial contact with others either verbally or in writing
- Commitment to immigrants and DMRS
- Ability to work independently AND as a team member
- Reliable and responsible
- Produce consistent results
- Capable of prioritizing tasks
- CreativeCapacity to produce quick and feasible solutions to problems in line with the DMRS mission statementFacility to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required):
- Video production skills (shooting & editing video)
- Adobe Premiere Pro
ORIENTATION/TRAINING: Free background check and safe environments training are required, as well as tracking of hours. General DMRS training with DMRS Director of Development1-2 hours; position specific training provided by DMRS Director of Communications on a weekly basis, or more frequently as needed.
- Hone interpersonal skills
- Further develop your skills as a communication professional
- Network with committed non-profit professionals
- Assist in organizational growth
- Expand your resume
- Learn about the non-profit world
- Increase professional confidence
- Expand leadership ability
- Develop Analytical skills
- Make the world a better place
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc.
2400 A-E YANDELL, EL PASO, TX 79903, US
To provide legal services to immigrants and engage in public advocacy and community outreach to advance justice and protect the rights of those we serve in the spirit of gospel values.
Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc. (DMRS), is the largest provider of free and low cost immigration legal services in West Texas and New Mexico. DMRS provides a comprehensive range of immigration legal services including representation in family-based immigration matters, Citizenship/Naturalization matters, matters related to benefits for survivors of domestic violence and other crimes, removal proceedings before the Immigration Courts, refugee resettlement services, and services for adults and unaccompanied immigrant children detained in the local immigration detention centers and shelters. DMRS has been serving the immigrant community since 1986.
Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc. (DMRS)2400 East Yandell DriveEl Paso, TX 79903
July 26, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-19 hours per week
- Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to Katie Hudak, DMRS Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org