8 people are interested
Volunteer to Support Refugees
8 people are interested
The Alliance is seeking volunteers to help us welcome newly arrived refugees to Houston. We have a number of volunteer opportunities, including:
- Volunteer Interpreters: Volunteers will work closely with the Refugee Services Program staff to provide language interpretation that support program activities and enhance services to clients. Seeking volunteers bilingual in English and Arabic, Spanish, Urdu, Pashto, Burmese, Kinyarwanda, OR Swahili/Lingala required - other languages a plus.
- Administrative Support: Volunteers will support the Refugee Services Program by completing administrative duties like making copies and entering
- client data and information into various tracking systems.
- Logistics Team Volunteer: The Logistics Team Volunteer will assist refugee staff in setting up apartments for newly arriving refugees, assist in donation pick-ups as well as in organizing and taking inventory of donated goods.
Volunteers will receive training and ongoing support from our Refugee Services team. Must be 18+ and be able to pass a background check.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Alliance
6440 Hillcroft Suite 411, Houston, TX 77081, US
The Alliance's mission is to provide comprehensive services to refugees, immigrants and low-income residents of Harris County to help them become self-sufficient and improve their quality of life.
The Alliance is a community-based organization devoted to serving refugees, immigrants and low-income populations in Houston. The Alliance provides comprehensive services to assist clients in becoming economically self-sufficient and improve their quality of life. The Alliance also strives to ensure that newly-arrived Americans are integrated into the main stream community and understand American culture and traditions. Originally founded by Association of Cambodian, Ethiopian, Laotian and Vietnamese refugee community organizations, The Alliance has expanded to serve individuals of all nationalities and backgrounds. Today, The Alliance is one of the largest refugee resettlement agencies in Texas.
The Alliance’s staff members work hard to ensure that clients have the resources to become productive citizens as soon as possible. Through a culturally and linguistically competent approach, The Alliance’s 19 programs assist clients in accessing the following services and community resources: intensive ESL training, health/mental health services, Driver’s Education, vocational training, employment services, job readiness, and asset building. All services are aimed at addressing the barriers that refugees typically face, and strengthen the ability of an individual or family to maintain economic self-sufficiency, family stability and community integration. As a United Way agency, The Alliance is committed to strengthening and improving services that have an impact on the community.
6440 Hillcroft Ave,Suite 411Houston, TX 77081
July 25, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 to 12 hours a week preferred for ongoing commitment