2 people are interested
2 people are interested
Art Against Racism (AAR) is non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and inspire communities, through the arts, to eradicate racism and create an anti-racist society. Art Against Racism offers virtual and in-person programming and opportunities to do civic good centered around local and international art exhibitions. Through our exhibitions, virtual galleries and programming we provide artists worldwide an opportunity to share their work at no or minimum costs. We provide community organizations and schools opportunities to educate and engage youth to learn about racism and consider solutions through the creative process.
The Position: AAR seeks an individual to maintain and create content, in coordination with the Founder, for Art Against Racism’s website, with responsibilities for technological aspects as well as site content. Additional responsibilities include ongoing web strategy and overseeing website operation, with particular attention to design, content and site maintenance. Updates website content, including information, images, calendar content, schedules, graphics, etc., according to the changing needs of the Organization. Works with the Founder, the Communications Director and social media team, as well as website designers and providers, to plan, maintain and improve online presence, initiating new ways to enhance and develop the Organization’s website presence. This is primarily a virtual position which can be handled anywhere within the U.S.
- Maintains, updates and oversees website operation and content
- Keeps informed and up-to-date on website technology and the organization’s projects, exhibitions and collaborations
- Has working knowledge of html, css, WordPress, Elementor. word processing, spreadsheets, WordPress plugins and other programs that feed information to the AAR’s site
- Has working knowledge of Photoshop or other image-processing software
Site content responsibilities:
- Update information contained on the site including but not limited to images, static content, blogs, videos, menus, news stories, photo galleries, etc.)
- Troubleshoots any problems with the website sometimes in coordination with Coding for Impact consultant
- Works with the Founder, Communications Director, social media managers to facilitate AAR’s plan and vision for the website and in relation to AAR’s marketing and fundraising program
- Assists with the review of site statistics and analytics
- Development, design and maintenance of art galleries
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation as well as composition, editing and proofing
- Proficiency in WordPress, Elementor, Microsoft Office and Photoshop (or similar program)
- Adept at social media platforms and online content management systems
- Proficiency in website design and website maintenance, both on a daily level and for larger website-related projects
- Understanding of HTML, CSS etc., as needed
- Expertise in design, graphics and layout related to websites
- Possess web writing and design skills
- Experience generating non-text content such as photographs for the web
- Photography skills a plus
Key Skills Common to all positions:
- Interpersonal/collaboration skills
- Communication skills (including ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written communication; understand and follow written and oral instructions)
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills (including ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner)
- Quality of work skills
About Art Against Racism
208 Laurel Circle, PRINCETON, NJ 08540, US
Art Against Racism’s goal is to make racial equity and justice real and lasting for Black and brown people around the world by connecting people to civic action through the power of art.
Art Against Racism was formulated as a non-profit in June 2020, following the killing of George Floyd by a police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The prior year Art Against Racism was a Princeton-area art exhibition that connected topical art to programs about civic action and accountability.
The art exhibition brought together community organizations, artists and activists to raise issues of racial equity and justice through the arts and related programming. Organizational partners include McCarter Theatre, Morven Museum. The Arts Council of Princeton, the Princeton YWCA,, Not In Our Town Princeton (NIOT) the Bayard Rustin Center, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Princeton, the Princeton United Methodist Church and the First Baptist Church of Princeton. Art was exhibited in several venues throughout the Princeton-area for 10 days. Programming included a poetry slam, children's art program, a talk on reparations and an ecumenical breakfast between predominantly white and predominantly BIPOC congregations.
Art Against Racism is presently running an international virtual exhibition entitled Memorial. Monument. Movement. It features Black Lives Matter-inspired art and work focused on issues of equality and justice.
We have multiple goals towards fulfilling our mission. Our short term goals are focused on growth in the following areas: fundraising; programming; social media and publicity; and organizational development and structure.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 24, 2021
- Exhibition Arts
- Website Project Management
- Arts Administration
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Database Administration
- 15 -25 hrs. weekly