1 person is interested
Social Media Manager
1 person is interested
Art Against Racism (AAR) is non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and inspire communities, through the arts, to eradicate racism and create an anti-racist society. Art Against Racism offers virtual and in-person programming and opportunities to do civic good centered around local and international art exhibitions. Through our exhibitions, virtual galleries and programming we provide artists worldwide an opportunity to share their work at no or minimum costs. We also offer community organizations and schools opportunities to educate and engage youth to learn about racism and consider solutions through the creative process. Our programming and exhibitions are designed by grow and support a worldwide community of people dedicated to social change in favor of justice and equity.
The Position: AAR seeks individuals with the ability and knowledge to manage and grow social media accounts on a variety of platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn. The duties include developing and implementing social media strategy, analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions, creating content and planning digital campaigns.The social media managers will work with a supervisor, the Founder of AAR and a social media team to develop strategies to build brand awareness and an international community of people interested in social justice and equity.
- Experience in social media management across all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube, Twitter) and knowledge of what "works" natively on each platform;
- Passion for educating and empowering emerging talent and empowering their success;
- Self starter, motivated learner, and able to execute independently;
- Brainstorming and developing ideas for creative marketing campaigns;
- Experience in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
- Good writing skills.
- Leadership: ability and desire to hire and grow an intern or volunteer;
- Growth Marketing skills: ability to research, identify, pitch, and execute on partnership opportunities for growth across channels;
- Graphic Design Expertise: experience in Adobe suite or other tools (desktop or mobile) for designing social posts;
- Research: capabilities to find and generate new ideas.
About Art Against Racism
208 Laurel Circle, PRINCETON, NJ 08540, US
Art Against Racism’s goal is to make racial equity and justice real and lasting for Black and brown people around the world by connecting people to civic action through the power of art.
Art Against Racism was formulated as a non-profit in June 2020, following the killing of George Floyd by a police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The prior year Art Against Racism was a Princeton-area art exhibition that connected topical art to programs about civic action and accountability.
The art exhibition brought together community organizations, artists and activists to raise issues of racial equity and justice through the arts and related programming. Organizational partners include McCarter Theatre, Morven Museum. The Arts Council of Princeton, the Princeton YWCA,, Not In Our Town Princeton (NIOT) the Bayard Rustin Center, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Princeton, the Princeton United Methodist Church and the First Baptist Church of Princeton. Art was exhibited in several venues throughout the Princeton-area for 10 days. Programming included a poetry slam, children's art program, a talk on reparations and an ecumenical breakfast between predominantly white and predominantly BIPOC congregations.
Art Against Racism is presently running an international virtual exhibition entitled Memorial. Monument. Movement. It features Black Lives Matter-inspired art and work focused on issues of equality and justice.
We have multiple goals towards fulfilling our mission. Our short term goals are focused on growth in the following areas: fundraising; programming; social media and publicity; and organizational development and structure.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 24, 2021
- Arts Administration
- Exhibition Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 10 - 20 hours