Machine Learning Advisor (Computer Vision Specialty Preferred)
About Code for San Jose:
- Code for San Jose (CFSJ) is an all-volunteer powered organization.
- We are a chapter of Code for America.
- As a chapter, we focus on civic innovation and government technology in San Jose, Silicon Valley, and across the country.
- You do not have to be located in San Jose, California in order to volunteer with us.
- We welcome everyone interested in solving community problems through technology, user experience design/research, and community partnerships.
- Our mission is to make community services more transparent, accessible, and equitable by collaborating with local government and other community-based organizations on civic projects.
- We have over 60 active volunteers with over 8 active projects.
- Our leadership team consists of 9 other directors, 2 executive directors and 18 project leaders.
- As a group, we meet every other Thursday at 6:30 PM PST to sync up and work on projects.
- All of our events are posted on meetup.
About this Specific Opportunity:
- Role title
- Machine Learning Advisor (Computer Vision Specialty Preferred)
- Estimated time commitment
- 4 hours per week
- This role’s goal
- We are looking for someone experienced in machine learning to advise our team's engineers on best practices. We would prefer someone with expertise in computer vision (especially Mask R-CNN). Should there be interest, we can also discuss taking a more hands on roll implementing the machine learning models.
- This role’s responsibilities
- Advise on best practices in Machine Learning
How to get started:
- Please join our Slack organization using this link: https://bit.ly/3f78NML
- After you join Slack, someone from the CFSJ leadership team will connect with you via Slack about how to get started and what your next steps are.
Find more information about CFSJ:
- Our website: https://www.codeforsanjose.org
- Our meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/code-for-san-jose
About Code for America
155 9TH ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
Code for America helps governments work better for everyone with the people and the power of the web. Through our Fellowship , Accelerator , and Brigade , we're building a network of cities, citizens, community groups, and startups, all equally committed to reimagining government for the 21st century.
Code for America is a new non-profit, and a new kind of organization. Our team is made up of web geeks, city experts, and technology industry leaders. We are building a network of civic leaders and organizations who believe there is a better way of doing things and want to make a difference.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 24, 2021
- Computer Science
- SQL / MySQL
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 4 hours per week