2 people are interested
The Longest Day Volunteer Committee - Tri-Cities
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Longest Day is the day with the most light - the summer solstice. And it's the day the Alzheimer's Association calls on everyone to fight Alzheimer's disease by raising funds and awareness for care, support and research.
Join our Volunteer Board in the Tri-Cities to help us recruit participants for The Longest Day (alz.org/TLD), provide coaching on fundraising and event planning, and spread the word about this exciting event. We'll help you find a role that fits your interests, skills and schedule.
Use your passion to advance the cause
There are lots of ways to use your interests and skills to advance the cause - and have fun doing it! Once you join the board, select a subcommittee that best fits you:
- Marketing & Outreach
- Attend Board Orientation
- Participate in regular monthly board meetings
- Register for a fundraising activity and recruit others to join you on The Longest Day
In 2021, our Volunteer Committee:
- Grew from 17 members in 2020 to 25 members in 2021
- Increased our number of teams from 138 in 2020 to 163 in 2021
- Raised more than $175,000 in 2021, an increase of $79,000 from the 2020 season
Our goals for 2022 include:
- Recruit 400 participants, 210 teams and raise $210,000 to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association
- Expand the Volunteer Board to reach additional members of the community who are looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity
- Elevate The Longest Day to one of the top fundraising events in Tennessee
To learn more and express your interest in joining The Longest Day Volunteer Board in the Tri-Cities, please fill out this application:
For additional questions or information, contact:
Rebecca Williams - Manager of The Longest Day
865-661-0179 | email@example.com
About Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter
478 Craighead Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37204, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association Tennessee Chapter has offices in these cities; Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Kingsport and Memphis. We have a team of volunteers across the state leading the way in program delivery, fundraising and advocacy.
Multiple locations Kingsport, TN 37660
July 15, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Attend a one hour monthly meeting, as well as 2-4 additional hours of work each month.