Red Cross: Disaster Spiritual Care
The Disaster Spiritual Care Team Member provides disaster spiritual care support to individuals and families who have been impacted by a disaster.
- Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis, regardless of one's faith tradition.
- Participate in local responses, such as providing support to a family who has experienced a house fire.
- Be involved in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
- Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection to local resources.
- Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
You must meet one of the following:
- A disaster spiritual care provider in good standing in a National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) member organization or
- A Board-certified chaplain or
- A professional chaplain (paid or volunteer) and is endorsed by that organization
About American Red Cross - Utah & Nevada Region
6616 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84121, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Reno, NV 89502
July 23, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Spiritual Healing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on local disaster events