5 people are interested
LGBTQ+ Fundraising and Development Intern
5 people are interested
We're looking for a person with entrepreneurial spirit -- the kind of person who can help build the behind-the-scenes infrastructure to manage our donor relationships and track our incoming revenue. This person will work directly with the Director of Development, and be a key part of the VideoOut team. More important than anything is your affinity for LGBTQ+ education and advocacy. If you're passionate about our community, you'll fit right in.
- Meet weekly and as needed with the Director of Development to check in to see how things are going and set goals for the coming week
- We'd love your help organizing our current donor information, including transferring it over to a new database
- We do a monthly auction to raise money, and it would be really helpful for you to help us research new auction items
- Similarly, we'd love your help identifying businesses that can donate products or services we might be able to use for giveaways and fundraisers
- Every once in a while, we like to "surprise and delight" our donors. You could help us by sending snail mail to special donors
- Another way to show our appreciation is to feature somebody in our community on the blog, and we'd love your help making that happen
- A lot of our support comes from corporations, so researching companies that offer employee matching programs would be a huge help
- Another stream of support is called PridePays (which transforms credit card processing fees into donations). Research a list of potential small businesses to sign up for PridePays.
- Show up as your most authentic self every single day! :)
VideoOut is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate for any reason, like race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic which may or may not be protected by law. Queer and gender diverse folks are encouraged to apply.
About VIDEOOUT INC.
3630 Marathon Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026, US
We produce LGBTQ+ stories, content and programs that educate and equip the world to advocate for the LGBTQ+ community.
VideoOut started in 2016 as a project to amplify LGBTQ+ voices.
Since then, we’ve recorded over 400 stories told by LGBTQ+ folx living all over the United States.
Moving forward, in addition to recording and sharing LGBTQ+ stories (especially in small towns and rural communities) we are excited to create the first comprehensive educational reference resource by and about the LGBTQ+ community. Based in media literacy and academic research, this resource will feature interactive, multi-media content and answer every question one might have about the LGBTQ+ community.
Here's what ahead for our new initiative, The LGBTQ+ Learning Project:
Phase One: This fall, we'll launch an interactive glossary of LGBTQ+ language and terms to be used as an educational literacy tool. With our partners at OrangeYouGlad, we'll also launch a new website, including a platform for this first phase.
Phase Two: We'll begin building a first-of-its-kind multimedia LGBTQ+ educational resource to provide fact-based context around the lived history and experiences of our community.
We can’t do this without you. Our new slogan is By Us, For All. Join us!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 23, 2021
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18