3 people are interested
Experiential Learning Activity Editor (Virtual)
3 people are interested
The power of experiential education has been proven to improve academics, increase a sense of belonging, and deepen relationships. How can you make a difference? Help make transformative experiential learning activities accessible to facilitators and educators around the world! Play for Peace is a non-profit organization that develops compassionate leaders in areas of conflict and connects people and communities to build lasting peace using cooperative play. Kikori is a social impact company that is democratizing access to experiential activities proven to increase learner engagement, sense of belonging, and meaningful connections.
Together, they are collaborating on a joint mission to transform lives by collaborating to curate, edit and upload social-emotional and experiential learning activities into an interactive and searchable platform through Kikori.Job Description:
We provide you with a description of activities to edit and upload, necessary training and a supportive team of mentors that will guide every step of the way! The activities will come from different sources (books, videos, spreadsheets, etc.) and it will be your job to transform the activity into one that fits the Kikori style guide, is tagged correctly, as well as has clear and concise instructions, reflection questions, variation tips and an overview for facilitators and educators.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop your skills of synthesizing information and breaking it down into step-by-step instructions
- Get free access to the premium version of Kikori database of activities and curriculum app throughout your volunteer experience
- Nominate a registered nonprofit or Title 1 School of your choice to the Kikori Social Mission: Access to Impact program and earn free memberships for them with the activities you edit and upload!
- Receive invitations to the monthly Playscape gatherings to meet and play with volunteers supporting Play for Peace around the globe!
Please apply through choosing "Volunteer Experiential Learning Activity Editor" from the Open Positions list and filling out the application at this link: https://www.playforpeace.org/volunteer-application
About Play for Peace
4750 N. Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL 60640, US
To bring together children, youth and organizations from communities in conflict, using cooperative play, to create laughter, compassion and peace.
Play for Peace is a global initiative that uses cooperative play as a catalyst to create peace between cultures that have a history of violence. Play for Peace is a leadership and community development model for social change focused peace.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 22, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Minimum 3-5 hours remote work weekly, flexible timing what works best for you! Minimum commitment of 1 month
- Ability to break down an activity into or instructions in clear and concise language, Familiarity with experiential or cooperative learning is a plus, but not required