International Bird Rescue Postcast Internship opportunity
We are looking for an intern who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about researching and reporting on the stories of wildlife rescue and response. The Podcast Intern will be responsible for assisting our team with an ongoing digital publication about many aspects of oiled wildlife response and rehabilitation, by researching, planning, and executing a strategy with the goal of building international community awareness and engagement around Bird Rescue’s brand, mission, and services. This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates interested in gaining marketable skills, while gaining industry exposure.
As a Bird Rescue intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team with deep experience and knowledge of sea and water birds. This podcast is a new initiative and you will bring high value in helping us launch this new tool. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including occasional bird releases, birdwalks, potlucks and team events.
- Help to produce and publish original short-form and long-form audio content
- Build systems for the podcast to be regularly published, once a month is the target with greater frequency being desirable if possible
- Coordinate formatting and style with content creators to generate engaging, informative podcasts
- Exercise creativity and explore your own ideas
- Work with podcast hosts to develop script/outlines
- Actively engage in brainstorming sessions
With current COVID-19 restrictions in place, this position will have the option to be off site or in-office as the candidate prefers, so long as some in person collaboration time is prioritized. Many of our staff are currently working remotely.
About International Bird Rescue
4369 Cordelia Road, Fairfield, CA 94534, US
Our mission is to inspire people to act toward balance with the natural world by rescuing waterbirds in crisis. We dream of a world in which every person, every day, takes action to protect the natural home of wildlife and ourselves.
About International Bird Rescue - www.birdrescue.org
In 1971 after 800,000 gallons of crude oil spilled into the bay, concerned individuals led by a registered nurse named Alice Berkner jumped into action, bringing International Bird Rescue to life. We have always had to pave a road where there is none. Staff and volunteers work with tenacity alongside clients, partners, and the public to find solutions. Today, we research best practices at our crisis response hospitals in California and Alaska and share them worldwide.
4369 Cordelia RoadFairfield, CA 94534
September 15, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Macintosh Platform
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 8-12 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 6 to 12 months. The podcast will lead up to a professional conference to occur in the fall of 2022.
- Strong familiarity with current podcast platforms Previous experience a plus Excellent writing and editing skills Computer skills, Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines