DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
BOARD TREASURER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Organization's Bylaws provide:
Victoria’s Victory Foundation Treasurer. The Treasurer shall cause regular books of account to be kept, and shall render to the Board of Directors, from time to time as may be required, an account of the financial condition of the Foundation, shall deliver an annual report at the annual meeting, and shall perform all other duties properly required of the Treasurer by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer is elected at the annual meeting of the organization to hold office for a two-year term, or until a successor is elected and qualified, and is eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive two-year term.Requirements:
- Financial knowledge of the organization.
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Serves as Chair of the Finance Committee.
- Manages the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Works with the Executive Director and finance manager to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the Executive Director and financial manager in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About VICTORIAS VICTORY FOUNDATION
20 PORTSMOUTH AVE, Suite 98, STRATHAM, NH 03885, US
VVF's mission is to help people achieve their personal victory by providing resources and support typically not available through traditional health insurance programs. We aim to give the gift of hope, assist in the recovery journey, and help individuals and their families regain and maintain independence. Our motto; Face It, Embrace It, Defy It, Conquer It.
Victoria's Victory Foundation (VVF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit committed to providing hope and independence to people facing a disability, either through illness or accident.
VVF was established in 2017 by Victoria & Jacqueline Arlen. At the age of eleven, Victoria developed two autoimmune disorders, transverse myelitis, and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, which caused swelling in the brain and spinal cord. Over a few weeks, her body shut down, a painful progression that led to a vegetative state. Victoria and her family were given little hope from the medical community, but they refused to give up. After three and a half years, Victoria regained the ability to communicate through blinking. Through years of hard work, recovery training, and a dedicated support network, she re-learned to speak and even walk. While on their recovery journey, Victoria and her family saw first-hand the disparities faced by disabled individuals. Yet, they also saw how a flicker of hope could light the path to tremendous gains, and they committed to giving hope to others so they can also soar.
Our Victory Resources Program eases the financial burden of recovery training, in-home nursing services, home and mobility equipment, and driver/vehicle assistance. The viability of the requested services and equipment is verified through attestation by medical and industry professionals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 22, 2021
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- 4-6 hours per month
- Financial expertise. Non-profit board of directors experience preferred.