Feeling Philanthropic? Help the Red Cross Recognize and Recruit Donors!
Be a part of the Red Cross mission of preventing and alleviating human suffering by joining our Fundraising volunteer team! Our Fundraisers are looking for volunteers who can help with general administrative tasks that help recruit, recognize, and retain our exceptional donors.
This is a great fit for someone looking to spend time in our Santa Barbara office and have the satisfaction of completing easy but critically needed tasks such as mailings, thank you notes, and recording the gifts we receive. It's also a great opportunity to meet and network with fellow local volunteers and Red Cross staff.
- Research potential donors including company's key contacts, charitable giving history, community involvement, areas of giving and contact information.
- Assist with gift processing, including daily gift log, bundling, and mailing gifts to processing center.
- Print and send outgoing donor communications, such as event mailings (invitations), disaster solicitation mailings during national disaster, donor mailings for end-of-year solicitation, and postcards to steward donors (examples include holiday postcards, disaster preparedness information, and how their generosity is impacting our community)
- Provide general office assistance as related to development, including photocopying, organizing, and filing.
- Flexible; approximately 2-4 hours a week
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the Santa Barbara community
- Ability to come to our Red Cross office on 2707 State Street
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable with using a computer and the internet (example: Searching the internet to research donors)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Well organized, responsible, trustworthy
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
836 Calle PlanoCamarillo, CA 93012
August 9, 2021
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, approximately 2-4 hours a week