DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Career PATHS Program Facilitator
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
The mission of the Televerde Foundation is to provide currently and formerly incarcerated women with the personal and professional development programs necessary to successfully join and advance in the global workforce. We are looking for people who believe in second chances and are passionate about helping others achieve their personal best.
Our Career PATHS Workforce Development Center is a virtual, online and in-person program where currently incarcerated women learn the professional skills necessary to become Customer Service, Inside Sales or Computer Technicians. They also participate in our PATHS Reentry personal growth, professional development, financial literacy, workforce readiness and job placement program to ensure they have all the tools and resources necessary to successful transition back into the community.
The Career PATHS Program Facilitator is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Career PATHS center. The Facilitator will specifically be responsible for leading 10-15 women in their daily studies. The curriculum is online, virtual, in-person and instructor-led and the Facilitator will ensure the women are focused, engaged and participating in the classroom activities. The Facilitator will also be responsible for setting-up and participating in Zoom meetings with instructors and other volunteers.
This position is located at Perryville Women’s Correctional Facility and requires direct contact with incarcerated women.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and improve student morale through effective leadership.
- Coach and mentor women in the program as needed.
- Monitor performance and focus on completing assignments, and participation in coursework and classroom activities
- Facilitate virtual, in-person instructor led classes
- Effectively escalate problematic issues to the appropriate person.
- Observe and respect all DOC and Televerde rules and regulations
Education & Experience:
- Experience working in a professional environment; call center or classroom a plus
- Coaching, training, and people development experience
- Must be able to pass a Department of Corrections visitors background check
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to enthusiastically engage and motivate others
- Ability to work independently, employ good judgment, act with integrity, take ownership and accountability, and seek advice when necessary.
- Good computer literacy, including Zoom
- morning / 08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
12:00 PM to 04:45 PM
1 or 2 afternoons per week
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Televerde Foundation, Inc
4636 E. University Dr. Ste 150, Phoenix, AZ 85034, US
Provide currently and formerly incarcerated women with the personal and professional development programs necessary to successfully join and advance in the global workforce
The Televerde Foundation is a nonprofit organization that provides "a path forward" to currently and formerly incarcerated women through our prison to workforce development program. We empower returning citizens with the skills necessary to build meaningful and rewarding careers in the global workforce while successfully reintegrating back into their families and communities.
The women that complete our PATHS (Prepare, Achieve and Transform for Healthy Success) program receive the training and certification necessary to become either IT help desk, customer service, or inside sales professionals.
Our measures for success are 90% employment within 60 days of release with first year on target earnings greater than $32K and recidivism rate of less than 10%
2105 North Citrus RoadGoodyear, AZ 85395
July 22, 2021
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week - 1 year commitment
- Must be willing and able to work within the women's correctional facility