Business Development Manager
Bay Area Green Tours is a non-profit organization that creates interactive tours and experiences highlighting the sustainable economy in action to inspire and educate youth and adults to build a more enduring, resilient, and just future.
We're a grassroots operation reinventing ourselves after 13+ years leading IRL tours, working to pivot our knowledge and connections to virtual programs. We are a ~20-person volunteer-based organization for now, but we are building for the future by applying to grants and beginning outreach to corporations who want to sponsor our programs and/or buy Virtual and In-person Team Building tours. We just redesigned our website and streamlined our operations with a committed, fun, and sharp team of interns and volunteers. The way we stay organized across teams is by relying heavily on Slack, Google Suite, and Asana.
We are in the process of creating, marketing, and selling Virtual Team Building and In-person Team Building so we are looking for an ambitious Business Development manager to share the good word about our new VTB offering. This is a commission-based role with an opportunity to expand your connections by contacting new and existing BAGT clients, and to deepen your knowledge about team building on a mission!
Besides having some experience in business development or sales, you should be an active listener, be passionate about the environment, have an outgoing personality, and have a deep understanding for how to engage with internal and external stakeholders/decision-makers using various forms of communication. This is an opportunity to promote virtual team building tours to mid- to large-sized companies. This is a growing market:
- Organizations with 500+ employees are 2.7x more likely to invest in virtual team building activities
- 90%+ of Fortune 500 firms have some type of affinity, networking, CSR, or resource group
- $46 billion or 28% of budgets went to team-building firms
We will also support your efforts with multi-channel marketing and an assistant volunteer to help with list-building and research.
- Contacting potential clients via email, social media, phone, or text to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Contact current clients and partners to develop opportunities
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Suggest ways to increase the value of to current customers while attracting new ones
- Find and develop new markets for improving sales
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to make new connections
- Create proposals
- Set goals and track progress in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 2+ years experience in business development, sales and account management
- Strong communication skills with a customer-first mindset
- Ability to proactively manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Google Suite, Asana, Slack; familiar with CRMs
Please send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bay Area Green Tours
Virtual for now, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We provide educational tours and events that demonstrate the sustainable economy in action, inspire support of local green businesses, and empower people to incorporate environmental responsibility and social justice into their personal and professional lives.
Bay Area Green Tours (BAGT) serves as a conduit to solutions for a more sustainable future. BAGT is committed to focusing on positive, innovative solutions and models. Tours have been offered for companies & conferences, and for young people who are able to connect to role models and organizations which inspire them towards environmental activism and career paths. We are moving toward Virtual Tours due to COVID and will have in-person tours on a case-by-case basis. Participants learn about innovative green-certified businesses, people & organizations in the nation’s environmental epicenter, enabling them to find resources or take action to help mitigate climate change and live more sustainably.
What we offer:
Networking opportunities with local solutionaries
Experience working with a local environmental non-profit organization
Experience researching and connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in sustainability
Improved research and communication skills
Letter of recommendation/professional reference based on performance and hours
Check out our featured tours: https://www.bayareagreentours.org/tours.html
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 17, 2021
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-20 hours a week for 3 months
- consistent time to meet with the team