Pantry4Warriors - Food Packing & Inventory Support
The Us for Warriors Foundation (or, "Us4Warriors") is an award-winning charity made up of a dedicated team of public servants, volunteers, programs and services that support military, veterans and families in need.
Our Pantry4Warriors pantry is a small arm of our Food4Warriors Program that supports thousands each year.
Volunteers for this opportunity assist with the preparation and maintenance of pantry inventory and packing of specially selected foods for public consumption. From sorting food, stocking shelves to packing grocery sacks with special care, this opportunity provides volunteers with an opportunity make a difference in the lives of military, veterans and families with temporary food needs.
Our pantry provides pre-selected food that is packaged to support the following:
- Weekly "Safe Pantry Pick-ups" from an appointment system of pick-up dates and times for those who need to receive temporary food support.
- Monthly Food4Veterans project deliveries to Dept. of Veterans Affairs Clinics throughout San Diego County in support of the VA's Food Empowerment Program. These monthly deliveries serve veterans who have been identified with food insecurity and specific conditions requiring special dietary and strict food restrictions.
- Supplemental support for other Food4Warriors Program offerings (monthly events, special deliveries, etc.)
Physical: This opportunity requires the ability for bending, lifting, and carrying up to 20lbs.
Safety: Please do not attend these project shifts if you have either been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has exhibited systems of COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Those who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to support as well. Proper protective and sanitary gear is provided to all volunteers.
- Gain valuable non-profit and food support experience
- Learn more about Us4Warriors and other programs and services supporting the mission
- Become a member of the Warrior Volunteer Force. You'll already have the t-shirt!
veteran communities of San Diego County. From hosting food distributions to targeted deliveries and special
events, Us4Warriors provides emergency food and basic needs assistance for active duty, veterans and
their families. Food4Warriors offerings help those within the community who find themselves challenged, especially those struggling with large household sizes, low-income families, disadvantaged elderly, homeless, or with special needs children. Learn more at www.Us4Warriors.org.
~Us4Warriors was a 2016 County of San Diego Veterans Allegiance Award recipient (Non-Profit of the Year) and noted on the 2020 U.S. Congressional Sub-Committee on Veterans Hungers as an organization making a difference.
Everything we do supports the troops, veterans and their families! We are Us4Warriors!
Got questions? For further info about this specific event opportunity, please feel free to contact our Warrior Volunteer Force Program Manager at 888-444-1415, Ext 2 or via email (Volunteer@Us4Warriors.org). Learn more about our other Volunteer Opportunities at www.WarriorVolunteers.org . Your support helps us continue a mission that helps thousands each year. Become a part of the Warrior Volunteer Force and help military, veterans and their families live stronger lives!
- Wed Sep 22, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Sep 15, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Sep 08, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Sep 01, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Aug 25, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Aug 18, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Aug 11, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Aug 04, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
- Wed Jul 28, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 4
About Us for Warriors Foundation
1690 W. Frontage Road, Suite 201, Chula Vista, CA 91911, US
Everything we do is in support of veterans and their families. That simple statement is clear and concise, but full of energy, excitement, hard work, determination and results when applied to the fullest extent that it can be. We believe our service and proven commitment to others every day gives those simple, eleven words the most effective and resourceful meaning in service to others. Everything we do is in support of veterans and their families.
Us for Warriors Foundation or "Us4Warriors" is a California Public Benefit Corporation whose primary objectives and purposes are to promote the social welfare of the veterans community; sponsor or participate in activities of a patriotic nature; conduct public programs and events for educational and charitable purposes to support the veteran community; and assemble in pursuit of raising fund to make distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code for the benefit of veterans and stakeholders in services to veterans.
1690 W. Frontage RdSuite 201Chula Vista, CA 91911
September 23, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- It is requested that those who sign up arrive dedicated to fulfill the full time slot of the shift.
- Please notify within 48 hours if you need to cancel this volunteer opportunity. Contact Warrior Volunteer Force Program Manager Michael Veron, at 888-444-1415, ext 2 or via email at Volunteer@Us4Warriors.org