Basic International Humanitarian Law Instructor
Purpose: Restoring Family Link (RFL0 Instructors provide training in their divisions/regions to build capacity and knowledge around International Services and the global Red Cross Red Crescent mission. They are responsible for training Red Cross paid and volunteer staff in International Services related course content so that services can be provided in their local communities.
- Facilitate International Services courses, primarily focusing in the RFL Caseworker course, but
- including the RFL Outreach workshop, Fundamental Principles or other available International Services courses
- Teach the RFL Casework Course at least once a year, supporting your region and if possible neighboring regions.
- Updating training records in learning management system
- Stay up-to-date on Restoring Family Links program updates through participation in International
- Services conference calls and by receiving program email updates.
- Be a qualified instructor in another Red Cross course or have successfully completed the Basic Instructor Fundamentals Course or Instructor Specialty Course (Required)
- Be certified as a Restoring Family Links instructor by RFL Master Instructor (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation
- skills (Required)
- Be available to teach the RFL Instructor Course when needed (Required)
- Be willing to keep up-to-date on RFL program updates through participation in RFL conference calls
- and email updates (Required)
- Have experience with RFL work in some capacity (casework, casework supervision,
- outreach/promotion of RFL activities, training) (Preferred)
- Have experience managing training events and an instructor roster (Preferred)
Relationships: Restoring Family Links Master Instructors, RFL headquarters team, International Services Leads in the Red Cross Regions in Division.
Development Opportunities: Training of trainers
Training: Complete the RFL Instructor course facilitated by RFL Master Instructor, having previously completed the RFL Caseworker course or experience providing casework in your community.
Preferably have previously completed other American Red Cross course in facilitation.
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Pittsburgh, PA 15222
September 5, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Legal (General)
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training