1 person is interested
Delivery Driver - Blood Donor Services
1 person is interested
Do you enjoy road trips and enjoy good music on the open roads while hosting your own car concert ?
If so this volunteer opportunity is a great fit!!! We are looking for a driver who can pick up blood products from our donation centers and deliver them to local hospitals and or our blood donation processing center in Johnstown, PA. Red Cross vehicles are provided. The Red Cross will cover gas and or mileage if you opt to use your own transportation. If you have a friend or spouse that enjoys road trips, they can volunteer with you during the same shifts as a Volunteer Navigator. We encourage friends, spouses, sibling, and roommates to inquire volunteer together with the Red Cross.
Purpose: To transport blood and blood products throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
Reports To: Blood Services Greater Alleghenies: Biomedical Volunteer Scheduling Specialist II
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Successful completion of background check and motor vehicle report
- Valid state Driver's License with 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
- Training: American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Transportation Specialist Training
- On the Job training
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
133 Friendship CircleBeaver, PA 15009
September 23, 2021
- Truck Driving
- Inventory Management
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- The minimum requirement is 6 hour per month. There are two shifts. They are both on the Weekend Saturday from 2pm-8pm and Sunday from 12:00pm-6:00pm