Jerome State Historic Park - Interpretive Services Volunteer
AZ State Parks will continue to follow CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 to ensure the safety of our staff and our guests.
The position of Interpretive Services Volunteer entails the following:
* Will be directly involved with ensuring park guests enjoy a positive and rewarding experience during their visit.
* Communicate messages relating to Jerome State Historic Park, the Douglas family, mining, geology, and the town of Jerome.
* Understanding that our park visitors come from diverse backgrounds, welcome them in a friendly manner with dignity and respect.
* Confidently communicate general knowledge of the park and the Jerome-Verde Valley area.
* Provide accurate historic information about the town of Jerome and the park to our guests.
About Arizona State Parks & Trails
23751 N 23rd Ave Ste# 190, Phoenix, AZ 85085, US
Managing and conserving Arizona’s natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people both in our parks and through our partners.
All parks in the system are classified under one of the three following categories:
Purpose: To provide present and future generations the opportunity to pursue their desired outdoor recreational activities.
These areas possess outstanding potential for active recreational use. They have as their primary purpose the provision of active and passive recreational opportunities for the visiting public and allow for access and development for recreational uses. Intensive and diverse recreational use of the park is the main developmental objective.State Historic Park
Purpose: To interpret, protect and enhance areas of historical, cultural or commemorative value that are intrinsic to Arizona’s heritage.
State Natural Area
Purpose: To preserve, protect and study significant scenic, geological, or ecological areas within Arizona for their functional and inherent values and for present and future generations.
100 Douglas RoadJerome, AZ 86331
September 20, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours / one day per week.
- Willingness to learn appropriate presentation techniques and employ them as needed to communicate effectively with park visitors. Ability to stand for an hour at a time.