Jerome State Historic Park - Visitor Services
AZ State Parks will continue to follow CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 to ensure the safety of our staff and our guests.
The position of Visitor Services volunteer entails the following:
* Assist in the Park Store through the collection of monies (merchandise and park fees), stock merchandise, receive and price new merchandise, and perform general housekeeping.
* Become proficient in gift shop and fee collection using a computerized cash register. Basic computer skills are necessary.
* Greet and assist park customers with store purchases and by providing general park information.
* Answering phones may be an added responsibility.
About Arizona State Parks & Trails
23751 N 23rd Ave Ste# 190, Phoenix, AZ 85085, US
Managing and conserving Arizona’s natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people both in our parks and through our partners.
All parks in the system are classified under one of the three following categories:
Purpose: To provide present and future generations the opportunity to pursue their desired outdoor recreational activities.
These areas possess outstanding potential for active recreational use. They have as their primary purpose the provision of active and passive recreational opportunities for the visiting public and allow for access and development for recreational uses. Intensive and diverse recreational use of the park is the main developmental objective.State Historic Park
Purpose: To interpret, protect and enhance areas of historical, cultural or commemorative value that are intrinsic to Arizona’s heritage.
State Natural Area
Purpose: To preserve, protect and study significant scenic, geological, or ecological areas within Arizona for their functional and inherent values and for present and future generations.
100 Douglas RoadJerome, AZ 86331
July 20, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four to six hours, one day per week.
- Interact with guests of diverse backgrounds in a friendly and respectful manner. Ability to hear questions from guests from a distance of a minimum of six feet. To stand without difficulty for an hour at a time.