High need for nurses during hurricane and wildfire season
Nurses are needed with the upcoming natural disasters that are predicted this year with wildfires and a predicted high hurricane season. Qualified volunteer nurses will travel to a disaster area for a minimum of 2 weeks and take care of people who have been affected by the disaster. As a Red Cross disaster volunteer your travel, food and lodging are provided during your deployment. CDC social distancing guidelines will be practiced during deployment.
DRO: Disaster Health Services Services Associate
The role of the Disaster Health Services Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to provide disaster health services support to individuals and families who have been impacted by a disaster, and staff health services to the workforce.
* Provision of disaster health services to individual clients, including client assessment, provision of hands-on
care per scope of license for RN and LPN/LVN or provide care as delegated by RN and LPN/LVN, assistance
with activities of daily living (ADLs), coordination of personal assistance services, education, assistance to
replace medications, durable medical equipment (DME) or consumable medical supplies (CMS).
* Collaborate with other functions in providing services at service delivery sites, including outreach activities,
emergency aid station activities, integrated care condolence activities.
* Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing disaster health services support, support during the
casework and recovery planning process, and referrals to higher level of care.
* Provide staff health support as necessary.
* Assist the local region or territory in developing partnerships with local healthcare organizations.
* Active unencumbered license or certification: RN, LPN/LVN, MD, D.O., EMT, PA, Paramedic. Retired RN,
LPN/LVN license will be accepted, if and only if, the state issuing the license allows full scope of practice for
* Good organizational skills, responsible, and punctual.
* Active listening skills.
* Ability to implement Standards and Procedures and follow associated job tools including reporting
* Demonstrated ability to interact with community members in a clear, compassionate manner.
* Demonstrated ability to involve appropriate other in managing problems and conflict.
* Ability to acquire, evaluate, and report information accurately.
* Ability to provide support while respecting the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
* Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy,
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Ability to lift/carry 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
* Ability to stand and/sit for 2 hr periods.
* Ability to walk on uneven terrain and/or walk for two miles per shift.
* Ability to bend or stoop multiple times per shift.
* Ability to work outdoors writing, speak clearly on phone, read small print for extended periods and work long
periods on computer.
* Ability to climb two or more flights of stairs.
* Ability to drive in daytime and at night.
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
2912 S 80th AveOmahaOmaha, NE 68124
July 20, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Driver's License Needed