11 people are interested
Communications & Fundraising Intern
11 people are interested
Are you concerned about growing injustice in the United States? Are you moved by your faith to stand with those facing threats to their basic human rights? As Communications & Fundraising Intern at Justice Revival, you will be communicating on behalf of a leading Christian voice for human rights in the United States - Justice Revival.
Justice Revival is a faith-based organization committed to inspiring, educating, and mobilizing Christian communities to stand in solidarity with the oppressed and defend the human rights of the vulnerable. We are a dynamic, early phase nonprofit seeking an energetic, motivated volunteer Communications & Fundraising Intern. This is an opportunity to be part of building an organization dedicated to amplifying a Christian voice for justice and human rights in the United States.
We're looking for someone who is seeking to hone their skills in communications, social media, donor outreach and engagement, traditional press relations, basic graphic design and video editing, and website maintenance, preferably in a nonprofit setting. You will play a vital role in growing Justice Revival’s public presence and deepening relationships with constituents and donors. This is a unique opportunity to sharpen your communications and fundraising skills while helping raise awareness of the growing Christian support for human rights in the U.S.
Responsibilities (all with training, support, and oversight from supervisor):
- Collaborate on the development of social media strategy and increase Justice Revival’s social media presence across channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Update Justice Revival’s existing website using WordPress
- Schedule socials and web content
- Develop digital and print communication assets; support graphic design using Canva
- Communicate with donors through multiple channels to provide updates, acknowledgement, and thanks
- Draft and design mass emails and e-newsletters in a CRM database (Bloomerang)
- Conduct research and provide support for donor presentations
- Maintain donor CRM database and analyze reports of donor engagement
- Clip and edit videos for social media
- Support live-tweeting events
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and significance of Justice Revival
- Skill or experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, brand management, public relations, nonprofit fundraising, journalism, graphic design, professional social media management
- Experience with multi-channel marketing campaigns to raise awareness of a social sector cause and organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A contagious passion for our cause
- Bonuses : experience with photography, videography, video editing, advanced graphic design
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Justice Revival
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20009, US
Our mission is to inspire, educate, and mobilize Christian communities to fulfill the biblical call to justice by standing in solidarity with the oppressed and defending the human rights of all.
Justice Revival is a diverse, inclusive community of Christian faith, dedicated to serving as a voice for human rights in the United States. In a country deeply divided about what justice requires, we affirm that justice means upholding the inherent human rights of all people, especially those on the margins-the widow and the orphan, the prisoner and the stranger. We inspire Christian communities with knowledge and understanding of human rights, and unite with them to promote a world free from injustice.
Our MissionOur mission is to inspire, educate, and mobilize Christian communities to respond faithfully to the call to justice by standing in solidarity with the oppressed and defending the human rights of all.
What We Do
Education: We provide innovative Christian education programs that explore human rights from historical, legal, theological, and spiritual perspectives, emphasizing the support human rights finds within the Christian tradition. We advance the Christian case for rights through public thought leadership.
Advocacy: We marshal intellectual, cultural, and spiritual resources of the Christian faith to advocate with a prophetic voice for justice and rights for all.
Collaboration: We forge relationships and foster collaboration between Christian and human rights communities. We pursue alliances with diverse religious, interfaith, and secular movements for justice and human rights.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 20, 2021
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Donor Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 10-15 hours per week