Rhode Island State Coordinator for New England Region Council of The Children's Heart Foundation
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of individuals born with Congenital Heart Defects by helping to raise money for the most promising research in the field? Are you organized, good with communication, have strong relational capacity, and able to manage projects? If so, the State Coordinator position may be just for you!
The RI State Coordinator is a position on the New England Region Council. The State Coordinator:
- Communicates with all Event Leads in their state and reports on State Event progress at Region Council Meetings.
- Works to expand reach of CHF statewide through volunteer recruitment, third party fundraising, event development, and building relationships with local hospitals.
- Point of contact for any third party fundraisers that occur in their state.
- Maintains a solid knowledge base of the volunteer outreach options available to the Council; through National Office, as well as the most popular local volunteer outreach sites .
- Attends any Volunteer Lead Trainings provided by National.
- The State Coordinator is available to offer support, insight, and suggestions to Event Chairs and Committees on recruiting new volunteers.
- Serves a liaison between potential volunteers and event leads in their state, connecting them with appropriate region volunteers.
- Helps organize and maintain volunteer interest information (people signed up for future events/information at an in-person event) for their state.
Ideally, an individual interested in this position would be willing to serve for 2 years.
This position is for you if you are looking for an ongoing volunteer opportunity that allows you to work with other talented individuals, interact with inspirational families, kids, and professionals, and has a substantial impact on the quantity and quality of life of individuals born with CHD. We would love to have you join our team!
About Children's Heart Foundation
5 Revere Drive, Suite 200, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
To advance the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of congenital heart defects by funding the most promising research.
The Children's Heart Foundation was founded in 1996 and is the country's leading organization solely dedicated to funding congenital heart defect (CHD) research. To date, through 2020, The Children’s Heart Foundation has funded nearly $14 million of CHD research and scientific collaborations- driving breakthroughs that have improved survival rates, longevity, and quality of life for individuals living with CHDs in dramatic and life-changing ways.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 20, 2021
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Must live in the state of Rhode Island.