Are you good at public speaking and want to use your skills to spread mental health awareness?
Thank you for checking this post out! We are looking for individuals who have a passion for mental health awareness, enjoy giving presentations and want to use their skills to make a difference in the lives of others. Is this you? Read on!
NAMI Ending the Silence presentations include two leaders: one who shares an informative presentation and a young adult with a mental health condition who shares their journey of recovery. Audience members can ask questions and gain understanding of an often-misunderstood topic. Through dialogue, we can help grow the movement to end stigma. Presentations are given to students, families or staff.
- Presentations include a young adult presenter with lived experience.
- Presentations are typically scheduled at local middle and high schools throughout the school year (September - May). Days and times may vary.
- An online training is required. We’ll email you a link to the training.
Interested? Check out the youtube video and contact Angela at Angela@NotAloneOhio.org
About NAMI Delaware & Morrow Counties (Ohio)
P. O Box 601, 814 Bowtown Road, Delaware, OH 43015, US
To improve the quality of life and ensure dignity and respect for persons with serious mental illness, and offer support to their families and close friends.
We advocate at the county, state and national levels for non-discriminatory access to quality healthcare, housing , education and employment for people with mental illness.
- Educate the public about mental illness.
- Work to eliminate the stigma of mental illness.
- Advocate for increased funding for research into the causes and treatment of mental illness.
We offer educational classes and support groups for people living with mental illness and their families and friends.
651 West Marion StreetMount Gilead, OH 43338
September 14, 2021
- Mental Health
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment varies
- Training required