Do want to share your experience with a mental health condition virtually to help others?
Thank you for checking out this post! Connection Recovery Support Groups are free, peer-led groups for individuals who have become concerned with their mental health. Group leaders have had lived experiences and are at a place in their recovery where they want to help others.
We are looking for people who want to lead these groups! We will train you! Support group leader experience is not required. We are looking for kind, compassionate people who want to share their recovery story to help others in need.
Here is some information:
- Support group facilitators lead support groups and maintain fidelity of the NAMI support group model.
- Each group is led by two trained facilitators.
- Facilitators typically lead at least one group per month.
- Weekend training is required.
Are you curious? Please reach out to Angela, the volunteer coordinator, at Angela@NotAloneOhio.org for more information! And THANK YOU!
About NAMI Delaware & Morrow Counties (Ohio)
P. O Box 601, 814 Bowtown Road, Delaware, OH 43015, US
To improve the quality of life and ensure dignity and respect for persons with serious mental illness, and offer support to their families and close friends.
We advocate at the county, state and national levels for non-discriminatory access to quality healthcare, housing , education and employment for people with mental illness.
- Educate the public about mental illness.
- Work to eliminate the stigma of mental illness.
- Advocate for increased funding for research into the causes and treatment of mental illness.
We offer educational classes and support groups for people living with mental illness and their families and friends.
651 West Marion StreetMount Gilead, OH 43338
September 8, 2021
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 2 hours for group each month