Do you have a family member with a mental health condition? Virtually support those in need
NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Illness, provides support groups to individuals who have family members affected by mental health conditions. Family Support Groups provide a space (primarily virtually at this time) to individuals who are need of support. At NAMI, we believe that support from others who have had similar experiences can be healing.
We are looking for facilitators for our Family Support Groups. We will train you!
Here is some information about our Family Support Groups. Support groups led by loved ones for loved ones.
- Most support groups are virtual
- Lead family support groups and maintain fidelity of the NAMI support group model.
- Each group is led by two family members of individuals diagnosed with a mental condition
- Leaders typically lead at least one group per month, but are welcome to lead more often
- An online training is required and more information can be provided.
Curious? Reach out to Angela, the volunteer coordinator, at Angela@NotAloneOhio.org. And THANK YOU for being interested in partnering with NAMI to spread mental health awareness!
About NAMI Delaware & Morrow Counties (Ohio)
P. O Box 601, 814 Bowtown Road, Delaware, OH 43015, US
To improve the quality of life and ensure dignity and respect for persons with serious mental illness, and offer support to their families and close friends.
We advocate at the county, state and national levels for non-discriminatory access to quality healthcare, housing , education and employment for people with mental illness.
- Educate the public about mental illness.
- Work to eliminate the stigma of mental illness.
- Advocate for increased funding for research into the causes and treatment of mental illness.
We offer educational classes and support groups for people living with mental illness and their families and friends.
651 West Marion StreetMount Gilead, OH 43338
September 8, 2021
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per month after initial training